Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Like denver said, better to tell them before they get the letter in the mail. I was going to tell my employer the Monday after I submitted it, and they'd already received it.
Oh man, I didnt realize they were going to receive a letter. I told my direct supervisor but we were waiting until further in the process to tell the GM and owners.

One of my eyes is a 20/15 and my other eye is a 20/25. I never have trouble seeing anything and only bought glasses just so I could pass the medical. If I wear glasses during the vision portion of my medical will I end up with some kind of restriction where I must wear glasses at all times while I'm working as a controller?

I did when I went through the process. I told them straight up what was going on and the reason I hadn’t told them earlier was because I didn’t have enough actionable information until then. I think it helped smooth over the situation. I also made sure to stress I still didn’t have a sure timeline on when my last day might be. You gotta go with whatever works with your relationship with them.
Did you talk to any of your previous employers about it too? Probably won't reach out to jobs I had near 10 years ago, but trying to figure out if I should contact any past supervisors.

Today marks two weeks since I received my confirmation email, would it be reasonable to send an email to my rep at this point? Just want to get this ball rollin

Did you talk to any of your previous employers about it too? Probably won't reach out to jobs I had near 10 years ago, but trying to figure out if I should contact any past supervisors.

I did one of my previous employers only because I was still friends with my old supervisor there. I even had one job that I listed that had since shut down. So far as I’ve heard it never came to anything. I’ve also never heard from any of my personal references that they were ever contacted.

Has anyone had the following issue, or do you have advice?

I contacted my local AME last week to set up a medical appointment and he said that normally, FAA applicants fill out the pre-employment interview form first and submit it, then the FAA would let him know, and then we would set up an appointment. So I filled out the pre-employment interview form and picked the date and time of my preferred appointment and made a note in the notes section that the appointment was not confirmed due to the information I received from the AME. I still haven't heard back from the FAA to confirm they received my form, so I'm not sure if I should go ahead and call the AME again at this time to see if I can officially schedule the appointment, or wait until I hear back from the FAA. I don't want to wait too long that it ends up delaying everything, but I don't want to be a nuisance either.

Has anyone had the following issue, or do you have advice?

I contacted my local AME last week to set up a medical appointment and he said that normally, FAA applicants fill out the pre-employment interview form first and submit it, then the FAA would let him know, and then we would set up an appointment. So I filled out the pre-employment interview form and picked the date and time of my preferred appointment and made a note in the notes section that the appointment was not confirmed due to the information I received from the AME. I still haven't heard back from the FAA to confirm they received my form, so I'm not sure if I should go ahead and call the AME again at this time to see if I can officially schedule the appointment, or wait until I hear back from the FAA. I don't want to wait too long that it ends up delaying everything, but I don't want to be a nuisance either.
We made the appointment first, then filled out the form. Call your AME again and set up an appointment for that date and explain that the form wanted you to make an appointment first.

I just got my eQIP info.
Is there anyone else who is in school taking online classes (ex I'm getting an MBA online) that has filled this out?

Educational Institutions
o Dates of Attendance
o Address
o If attendance was within the last 3 years, you will need a name address and contact information for a
person who knew you at the school (instructor, student, etc.).

My school is based in a state across the country, I don't know anyone as every term is completely different people. Would my adviser suffice for a contact there who "knows me at the school"?

I just got my eQIP info.
Is there anyone else who is in school taking online classes (ex I'm getting an MBA online) that has filled this out?

My school is based in a state across the country, I don't know anyone as every term is completely different people. Would my adviser suffice for a contact there who "knows me at the school"?

I would think so. I'm assuming this is only relevant if you're currently enrolled, because I had to take a few online classes to complete licensure requirements in my state, and the e-QIP did not ask me anything about contacts at this or any other schools I attended. I do recall it saying to just list wherever the school's records are kept for an address to an online program.

Anyone else been waiting for their Security POC to answer any emails? I had some questions and they never responded. Fingerprints and DOT-1631 have been submitted for a week now and have not heard anything back. Need my code for the SF-86. I'm sure they are on vacation or just really busy but still irks me. It's literally all I have left to do.
(Just venting)

Anyone else been waiting for their Security POC to answer any emails? I had some questions and they never responded. Fingerprints and DOT-1631 have been submitted for a week now and have not heard anything back. Need my code for the SF-86. I'm sure they are on vacation or just really busy but still irks me. It's literally all I have left to do.
(Just venting)

I had my code in the same email as the e-QIP instructions.

It seems that I have been lucky with responsiveness from my rep (CG) and that I am a bit ahead of the curve compared to other Pool 2's. So I wanted to just share where I am at, and toss out a couple questions.

I got the TOL on the 15th in that big first wave. I sent in my response that same day, and got the confirmation email 3 days later (11/18 ). I then got my EODS emails one week after that (11/25) and returned the AT Basics Election Form that same day, which led me to getting the CIL the following day. I got a follow-up email with the Pre-Employment Interview Worksheet and AME list the day after that, as well as the background check info email from the security POC that same day (11/27).

Thanksgiving obviously slowed down progress, but I was able to get my fingerprints and DOT 1631 Form done and mailed yesterday, and I completed and released the e-QIP today. I returned the Pre-Employment worksheet yesterday, I have the Medical exam scheduled for the 12th, and the MMPI scheduled for the 17th (earliest dates available, sadly).

I think all that is left besides waiting for the tests is I am waiting on the MedXpress email. Is there anything else I am missing? And lastly, assuming everything does check out, what is a rough estimate for how long it would be before heading to OKC from now? Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom