Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Did they give you a call before your received the FOL to let you know it was coming or did it just show up in your email without any prior notice?
Email about if I could take the class date. Email states FOL will follow if I accept. Have not responded need to discuss with my family this evening.

Since class dates seem to be starting, I'm curious what everyone's preference on enroute vs terminal is. Obviously what you want doesn't really matter, but I'm sure we've all thought about it and are hoping for one over the other.
I strongly prefer Enroute since it gives me a decent shot at living in a big city.

Email about if I could take the class date. Email states FOL will follow if I accept. Have not responded need to discuss with my family this evening.

I strongly prefer Enroute since it gives me a decent shot at living in a big city.
Thanks for the response and congrats!

Since class dates seem to be starting, I'm curious what everyone's preference on enroute vs terminal is. Obviously what you want doesn't really matter, but I'm sure we've all thought about it and are hoping for one over the other.
I'd prefer terminal as I like being able to look outside every so often. But I'm not ever going to turn down enroute with more money. I'll walk outside during my breaks!

Are you pool 1 or pool 2?

Wow. Congrats to y’all. The only thing left is my medical tomorrow. Hopefully being a disabled Veteran goes smooth. I want in on some of that Enroute action.

I like how the arguments for enroute is almost always about the money and for terminal is almost always about seeing the airplanes. How many applicants actually have a good enough grasp of what controllers do to even understand the difference between the two tracks and to know which they personally have the better chance of success in?

As a forever tracon controller I know the truth that tracon is best ?

I like how the arguments for enroute is almost always about the money and for terminal is almost always about seeing the airplanes. How many applicants actually have a good enough grasp of what controllers do to even understand the difference between the two tracks and to know which they personally have the better chance of success in?

I felt the same at my first facility, a 7 up-down and people say they want to work Tracon only. How can you really tell what you would prefer at a level 12? The traffic volume and structure are so different in those environments, even radar to radar is apples to oranges imo.

I have a Terminal TOL from the dinosaur age, my goal is to go to NCT. Tracon looks fun.

I'm honestly at a toss up with this one. I would say terminal in hopes of going to an up/down because I would love to have experience with both tower and approach radar, but yet en route would be nice being that they're closer to big cities. Money also makes an impact but I figure at some point in my life I'll have enough to enjoy and be comfortable so I'm not worried about that just yet. Both have pros and cons to them, just depends on which side you prefer to focus on!

Wow, kshaky threw a wrench in the idea that security clearance for Pool 2s would still take awhile! Congrats boss.

I passed my medical today - just have the drug test tomorrow, then the MMPI on Tuesday.

Congrats all on receiving class dates. I was just given more medical forms to fill out on Monday, for having military VA compensation. All that should be done tomorrow though, hopefully that will be the end of it and I can prepare for school.

Wow, kshaky threw a wrench in the idea that security clearance for Pool 2s would still take awhile! Congrats boss.

I passed my medical today - just have the drug test tomorrow, then the MMPI on Tuesday.
Why would a pool 2 security clearance take any longer than a pool 1? They're literally the exact same thing. No preference is given to pool one applicants in the clearance process...

Congrats all on receiving class dates. I was just given more medical forms to fill out on Monday, for having military VA compensation. All that should be done tomorrow though, hopefully that will be the end of it and I can prepare for school.

Oh Lord. Are they just fill out and return forms, or the see a doctor forms? So far I’ve got my summary breakdown, and printed off a couple pages of my VA records.

Back
Top Bottom