Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Has anyone actually failed the hearing exam? Had mine today and I get paranoid about these things insanely. It was literally the last thing on my checklist of things to do so all I have to do is wait... also, can nurses lie to you if they said you passed? lol
I could hear cars outside better than I could hear those stupid beeps! I asked the nurse if she had started and she was like ummm yeah lol

Yes, they were communicative when I first got my security e-mail but now they don't seem to feel like responding.
Hm...maybe they're away? I haven't heard anything at all from them! But I did submit everything according to the instructions, so hopefully no issues.

I could hear cars outside better than I could hear those stupid beeps! I asked the nurse if she had started and she was like ummm yeah lol
Hearing was definitely tough. The headset is not soundproof, and the beeps are so faint compared to the sound of conversations in the hallway/ambient AC and building sounds/traffic outside, etc... But the nurse/tech who tested me said I passed even after mentioning this. After each step she more or less said under her breath that I had passed, or everything looked good as she marked it down, I don't think they would lie about that.

Hearing was definitely tough. The headset is not soundproof, and the beeps are so faint compared to the sound of conversations in the hallway/ambient AC and building sounds/traffic outside, etc... But the nurse/tech who tested me said I passed even after mentioning this. After each step she more or less said under her breath that I had passed, or everything looked good as she marked it down, I don't think they would lie about that.
When I took the hearing test last year for the 18 bid I was put in a soundproof booth with the headphones Did that not happen at yours?

When I took the hearing test last year for the 18 bid I was put in a soundproof booth with the headphones Did that not happen at yours?
Far from. I was just in the ordinary doctor's office - she had me turn my chair and face the window, that was it. Doc and nurses were talking in the hall, trucks were audibly rumbling by on the street (I flinched once or twice thinking they were very low frequency beeps), and the AC was causing a general white noise that made it even harder to hear. The only thing that helped was I could usually hear the left or right speaker sort of click on before the tone, so I usually knew which ear to listen really closely with.

Far from. I was just in the ordinary doctor's office - she had me turn my chair and face the window, that was it. Doc and nurses were talking in the hall, trucks were audibly rumbling by on the street (I flinched once or twice thinking they were very low frequency beeps), and the AC was causing a general white noise that made it even harder to hear. The only thing that helped was I could usually hear the left or right speaker sort of click on before the tone, so I usually knew which ear to listen really closely with.

It was most definitely not soundproof lol, I could literally hear my nurse turning the dial on the box better than I could hear the tones.
If this is the thing that does me in I'm going to demand the retest because the box they used to test my hearing looked older than me.

Same! The nurse even complained and was holding her breath so she wouldn't be contributing to the noise.

I took my hearing test directly next to a loud ass fan. Cost me one missed reaction but my examiner told me it wouldn't be a problem.

Looks like earliest enroute classes are 1/2 or 1/9 (What I'd like)

Turned in everything this week, you guys think I have a high chance of getting it?
Especially since 1/2 isn't filled yet and 1/9 is the next available date...

Back
Top Bottom