Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Been approved for everything. Just waiting for my HR rep to call me and give me a date after graduation. She gave me the okay a few weeks ago now. The waiting game kills me ☹️

Dual citizenship here. I had my interview with the investigator. 2 of the people I put as references also had interviews last week.

Have you had an interview?

What was the interview for? And did your references tell you what the investigator asked?

Don't be afraid to email!
My coworker has been waiting to hear anything in this process. He emailed HR and told him everything is in except medical. He emailed medical to get an update. Turns out they tried getting ahold of him in late Dec for extra documents.

Don't be afraid to email!
My coworker has been waiting to hear anything in this process. He emailed HR and told him everything is in except medical. He emailed medical to get an update. Turns out they tried getting ahold of him in late Dec for extra documents.

Seconded. I emailed my medical and security POCs after a while waiting and that's when my stuff got rolling. All their requests I had resolution either that same day or the next so that helped move things along as well.

What was the interview for? And did your references tell you what the investigator asked?
They just went over my e-qip. She had it printed out and we went over it. There was one thing that I messed up on date wise and it raised a flag she said. Other than that, she asked a lot about my dual citizenship and my family's dual citizenships. She told me she would talk to my references about that specifically. If they knew where my parents were born and when I was born and that I wasn't born here.

She also asked one of them for an extra contact and he gave her another friend's info but as far as I know, he hasn't been contacted yet. He's also on his honeymoon right now so I hope he doesn't get called lol

Has anyone received official (as in the medical POC informed you without you asking first) notification that they are MMPI Tier 2? If I had to guess I would assume that would happen after the rest of this hiring bid has been processed but I wanted to make sure.

Hey quick question regarding your med record request. Is that for the military? I had to make a request with them and to my knowledge, that is what is holding me up. I requested them via priority mail on 12/18 and haven't heard anything yet. It doesn't help that I haven't been able to get in contact of my med poc for over a month now.
I am in the same boat waiting for my medical records to be sent from military. Last I knew they only sent them my DD-214, which isn't what they need apparently. I've requested two times now with requesting "official military personnel file" on the paperwork.. So I have no idea what's going on, or why the paperwork Medical is receiving isn't good enough.

Has anyone received official (as in the medical POC informed you without you asking first) notification that they are MMPI Tier 2? If I had to guess I would assume that would happen after the rest of this hiring bid has been processed but I wanted to make sure.
You can email medical and ask.

I called my medical poc Tuesday 2/4 to see if they received the additional medical records they requested, which I sent over a month ago. They did not and didn’t reach out to me to say they haven’t received anything. So after waiting a couple weeks thinking the next thing I was going to get was a FOL, it was upsetting to know it was going to be even longer.

Right after we got the medical records sorted out and she received them, which she stayed on the phone with me and was very helpful about that, she told me that I was placed in the TEIR-2 process. I literally felt numb after being told this. Thinking it was going to be a couple weeks till I got a start date to 6 months to a year, from what I’ve heard, it was extremely upsetting. I was so ready to quit my current job and start on this career I’ve been trying to get for the past 6 years.

So to answer your question, no. I did not receive anything saying I was placed in the TEIR-2 process. I was just casually brought up be my medical poc. You should probably try calling to see where your medical clearance is in the process, emailing these people hasn't worked out for me that well.

I believe the next thing I will be receiving is a document confirming I’ve been placed in the TEIR-2 process as well as a release consent form to release my mmpi-2 results to the physiologist. This could take a couple months, then scheduling an appointment is another couple months after that.

Do you guys think I should be worried about having to get injections in my lower back in 2018? I’m all fine now and can run and work out the past 2 years and I actually didn’t take any medication for it. But filling out the Medexpress and talking about it had me worried. Other than that I’m a relatively fit 23 year old with no other medical history.

Do you guys think I should be worried about having to get injections in my lower back in 2018? I’m all fine now and can run and work out the past 2 years and I actually didn’t take any medication for it. But filling out the Medexpress and talking about it had me worried. Other than that I’m a relatively fit 23 year old with no other medical history.

There might be some additional questions they ask or make you fill out a statement or additional paperwork but seeing its not debilitating I wouldn't worry too much. That being said I'm not a flight surgeon and don't know the specifics on each medication, but I wouldn't worry about it too much seeing its not directly affecting your ability to work.

I've had chronic back problems for years that has been diagnosed to the accuracy of "you just need to sit up straighter and work less"... Doctors amirite?! Anyway, JUST got ANOTHER request from medical for a complete slew of updated documentation to replace the MONTHS old stuff I gave them over the last 4-5 weeks. I had injections and some nerve manipulation done in my back last fall and this is what I'm dealing with but YMMV depending on when your problems started and if you're really all healed. My opinion is that I am fully capable of performing the duties of the job, and I think I would know but they disagree. I work on airplanes, cars, whatever, you name it, everyday of every week and still function fine. I will also likely get a Special Consideration clearance if/when I do. My hope of getting a class date anytime soon, and my patience with this process are so thin, they're see-through. *Steps off soapbox*

I called my medical poc Tuesday 2/4 to see if they received the additional medical records they requested, which I sent over a month ago. They did not and didn’t reach out to me to say they haven’t received anything. So after waiting a couple weeks thinking the next thing I was going to get was a FOL, it was upsetting to know it was going to be even longer.

Right after we got the medical records sorted out and she received them, which she stayed on the phone with me and was very helpful about that, she told me that I was placed in the TEIR-2 process. I literally felt numb after being told this. Thinking it was going to be a couple weeks till I got a start date to 6 months to a year, from what I’ve heard, it was extremely upsetting. I was so ready to quit my current job and start on this career I’ve been trying to get for the past 6 years.

So to answer your question, no. I did not receive anything saying I was placed in the TEIR-2 process. I was just casually brought up be my medical poc. You should probably try calling to see where your medical clearance is in the process, emailing these people hasn't worked out for me that well.

I believe the next thing I will be receiving is a document confirming I’ve been placed in the TEIR-2 process as well as a release consent form to release my mmpi-2 results to the physiologist. This could take a couple months, then scheduling an appointment is another couple months after that.

Yeah, I was unclear with my previous post but I was also Tier 2'd so I'm in a similar situation. The timetable you listed at the end seems similar to what I've seen on other threads for civilians so hopefully that is the case and we're in OKC before the next year.

Has anyone else had an interview with an investigator and had their references contacted? Almost feels like I'm the only one for this bid.

Hopefully someone went through it and can tell me about how long the clearance could take?

Has anyone else had an interview with an investigator and had their references contacted? Almost feels like I'm the only one for this bid.

Hopefully someone went through it and can tell me about how long the clearance could take?
I had my interview, but I did ask my references if they were ever contacted and nobody was.

I'm not entirely sure how much a dual citizenship affects the process. However, one of my references has a relative who is an ATC and most of their family carry dual citizenships. He was telling me about how all of them had to be contacted and the extent of questions he had to answer when his family member was initially going through the process. Obviously, he still got through the process but it was definitely more involved.

Back
Top Bottom