Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

So you were fired from 2 jobs? How did they even find that out, did your old employer said that in their questionnaire?
Yeah it asked in the EQIP so that’s how it was brought up. I assumed that was the reason I had to do an in person interview with a security investigator.

So I received a letter from my security POC that states that there are issues that may negatively impact my eligibility for a security clearance. The letter asked for an explanation for each issue listed and there was also a personal misconduct questionnaire for me to fill out. Long story short, I was fired from one job like 5 years ago and then I didn’t disclose that I was fired from that job on my application for the next job I applied for so I ended up being fired from that job after working there for almost two years when they asked me if I was fired from my previous job and I told them that I was. I have since had two different jobs while I’ve been in college and discussed all of my work history with the security investigator that did my in person interview. I have been honest about everything so far so do I need to be worried about not getting my security clearance?
I was fired from my job this past September. After filling out the OF-306, I received a call from my POC requesting additional information regarding my termination. My termination was a result of 3 suspensions. I emailed them the dates, reason, and duration of each suspension as well as my termination. 4 days later, they approved my OF-306 with a message stating "This one incident does not qualify as a pattern of employment misconduct in and of itself. Please proceed with his hiring action." So that's my experience, take it as you will.

Edit: My incident was classified as "Employment related misconduct - involving rule violation," which is listed as a Moderate Issue. However, there is another section labeled as "Evidence of dishonesty - falsification of application," which is listed as a Major & Substantial Issue.

Last edited:
I was asked by Security POC to update my e-Quip with addresses for people I knew at College and my Electrician Apprenticeship School. But the thing is I didn't make many friends at either place so I listed my teachers.

Did anyone else have problems with addresses?

Mailed my fingerprints last Wednesday and it was confirmed to be delivered last Thursday. I haven’t received a reply back from my email, tried calling twice, and have left a voicemail for the person that sent the initial fingerprint email. My last correspondence was a reply from her last Wednesday advising she would send me the second part of the instructions once she receives my fingerprints. It will be 10 business days tomorrow. Anyone know how strict they are on the deadline?

Mailed my fingerprints last Wednesday and it was confirmed to be delivered last Thursday. I haven’t received a reply back from my email, tried calling twice, and have left a voicemail for the person that sent the initial fingerprint email. My last correspondence was a reply from her last Wednesday advising she would send me the second part of the instructions once she receives my fingerprints. It will be 10 business days tomorrow. Anyone know how strict they are on the deadline?

I didn't receive my eqip instructions until about then. Just got it after sending in my fingerprints about 2 weeks ago

Thats weird. I guess it depends on the POC? I got both attachments and equip instructions in one email. Thought that was the norm

I was fired from my job this past September. After filling out the OF-306, I received a call from my POC requesting additional information regarding my termination. My termination was a result of 3 suspensions. I emailed them the dates, reason, and duration of each suspension as well as my termination. 4 days later, they approved my OF-306 with a message stating "This one incident does not qualify as a pattern of employment misconduct in and of itself. Please proceed with his hiring action." So that's my experience, take it as you will.

Edit: My incident was classified as "Employment related misconduct - involving rule violation," which is listed as a Moderate Issue. However, there is another section labeled as "Evidence of dishonesty - falsification of application," which is listed as a Major & Substantial Issue.
Good to know that you were able to proceed with the process. In the letter I received from my security POC my incidents are classified as Personal Misconduct/- Employment Misconduct or Negligence so I’m hoping it isn’t too big of an issue.

For those individuals that got their eyes tested at Walmart how did that go? We’re you able to get glasses right away? How much did it cost?
I’m asking this because before I go to my medical I want to get my eyes tested so if I need any correction I will be on top of it to speed the process up. I don’t have much money so I figure Walmart is my best option.

For those individuals that got their eyes tested at Walmart how did that go? We’re you able to get glasses right away? How much did it cost?
I’m asking this because before I go to my medical I want to get my eyes tested so if I need any correction I will be on top of it to speed the process up. I don’t have much money so I figure Walmart is my best option.

I just walked in and asked to get an eye exam. My insurance covered the exam cost. I think its only $70 for a regular eye exam if you pay out of pocket.
If they issue you a prescription, then i believe you can get glasses on the spot if they have it. Didn't need glasses, so can't say for sure.

My (non-dilated) eye exam at wal mart took about 5 minutes. Walked out with a prescription and went straight to a glasses shop to order a pair. Depending on where you get your glasses there's usually a wait for them to get shipped in, which could take a week or two.

I went to Costco and got an eye exam for $70. It took me about a half hour and by the end, the optometrist wrote what type of prescription I would need. Remember to get you pupillary distance too (PD). If they sell glasses, you can get it there. But glasses are expensive without eye insurance. So I went online and ordered a $25 pair of prescription glasses. Took about a week and a half to get to my house.

I cant comment on the eye exam with glasses. During my physical, my AME told me I passed the vision test without glasses¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Congrats! How'd you find out?
I emailed the medical POC a couple of weeks ago, and they said they hadn’t received everything. So I checked all three tasks again to see if everything was sent and confirmed. Couple weeks later, they emailed me saying I’m cleared

I emailed the medical POC a couple of weeks ago, and they said they hadn’t received everything. So I checked all three tasks again to see if everything was sent and confirmed. Couple weeks later, they emailed me saying I’m cleared

Nice. I checked with them 2 weeks ago about my medical status. Medical POC said she was waiting for a Final Review from the Flight Surgeon.
So, I hope I hear good news soon.

Has anyone used a third party service (IdentoGO) for their fingerprints? Is it acceptable to use one of these?

Not sure about the service you listed but I just went to the cheapest livescan location. The lady that did my fingerprints was super sketchy (it was a side gig and her main store was selling/tailoring dresses), but I received my e-QIP earlier today. Another user also went the 3rd party route and had no issues.

I would REALLY like to know why my infertility diagnosis and treatment is being scrutinized by medical right now.....I'm extremely frustrated by this process, but for now I'll keep pushing forward. Thanks for making a woman who can't have babies feel worse with all the damn questions about my treatment for ongoing physical pain*. What does my uterus have to do with ATC?!?!

*I do not and have not ever taken pain meds for this illness. I mean, beyond like Tylenol and Ibuprofen.

I would REALLY like to know why my infertility diagnosis and treatment is being scrutinized by medical right now.....I'm extremely frustrated by this process, but for now I'll keep pushing forward. Thanks for making a woman who can't have babies feel worse with all the damn questions about my treatment for ongoing physical pain*. What does my uterus have to do with ATC?!?!

*I do not and have not ever taken pain meds for this illness. I mean, beyond like Tylenol and Ibuprofen.
I assumed women's health was not something they were interested in, why did you volunteer that?

Back
Top Bottom