Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Currently at the academy . . . Or was at the academy. Unlikely that we will have to start over. After the shutdown they developed a system where every class goes back 10 days. Likely to be what they do for this closure.
What do you mean go back 10 days? Is this for people who had classes cut short?

My class was a few days from nonradar evals. If we come back we would be 2 weeks from nonradar evals and repeat 10 days of lessons.
Makes sense, thanks!

Received an email from my rep at 5:40 PM CST-

All march classes are postponed, April TBD

The plan in action now, at least for basics, is that the current classes will not be recycled and will be finishing their curriculum online from home (for those who have them to go back to). Don't know about tower and enroute classes

The plan in action now, at least for basics, is that the current classes will not be recycled and will be finishing their curriculum online from home (for those who have them to go back to). Don't know about tower and enroute classes
Online basics from home would be sick ?‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍?

Online basics from home would be sick ?‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍?
If by "sick" you mean "totally knee jerk, half-baked curricula that doesn't line up with the course you've already gotten halfway through so you have to do the whole online course in its entirety on your own time with no classmates to study with.." *big breath* then I suppose so

If by "sick" you mean "totally knee jerk, half-baked curricula that doesn't line up with the course you've already gotten halfway through so you have to do the whole online course in its entirety on your own time with no classmates to study with.." *big breath* then I suppose so

Yeah, I meant sick as in a runny nose, sore throat, cough, fever and difficulty breathing ( in severe cases) kind of way

It’s a ground school but many (most) of the atc people have no idea what an airway or VOR is. Or what a 737 look like. Im not even joking.

Good to know. I'd be down for the online version of that, but I can see how that might trip up a non-pilot, 'what-the-fuck-is-aviation-i-just-saw-how-much-ATC-is-paid' background.

Good to know. I'd be down for the online version of that, but I can see how that might trip up a non-pilot, 'what-the-fuck-is-aviation-i-just-saw-how-much-ATC-is-paid' background.
They ask some really weird shit no one knows like navaid reception for different classes of VORs

I'll be honest, I don't even know how planes work.

It's a 50/50, money and magic.

For real though, how did you end up signing up for ATC? I knew about it because I was around aviation my whole life. How did you hear of the opening?

It's a 50/50, money and magic.

For real though, how did you end up signing up for ATC? I knew about it because I was around aviation my whole life. How did you hear of the opening?
I'll also chime in here. I had no intentions of ever being in the aviation industry.

I went to school for accounting and finance. Had an internship for finance (was alright) and didn't care to go into public accounting. Graduated and went into the car business (almost 4 years now) mainly for quick and easy money. Awhile ago, once I decided I was not putting a career into cars, I sat down with an old professor to discuss future plans.

He used to tell us stories in college courses of his ventures of being a recreational VFR pilot in planes he's built and/or maintained over the years (mainly a '68 Mooney). So we sat down and after catching up he (semi-jokingly) mentioned what my personality/mind might be good for: ATC. He offered to reach out to the local tower and got me a tour and took me up in the air. Was an AMAZING weekend. That was about 2 years ago. The rest is how I ended up here with you guys <3

I'm by every means a complete and total novice in aviation but from a background of zero aviation it took one man and a weekend to open an interest I never knew I had!

Back
Top Bottom