Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Sorry, not very on-topic here with the impending coronavirus concerns, but I was just wondering if any of you have had your class dates or employment (for those who have already gone through with academy) revoked due to ongoing security clearance?

I'd thought that I was good to go after getting my class date and FOL, but was surprised to have an investigator request an interview just yesterday.

Sorry, not very on-topic here with the impending coronavirus concerns, but I was just wondering if any of you have had your class dates or employment (for those who have already gone through with academy) revoked due to ongoing security clearance?

I'd thought that I was good to go after getting my class date and FOL, but was surprised to have an investigator request an interview just yesterday.
You get a conditional clearance. It takes up to 1 year to get a full clearance. I’ve heard stories of people getting their cher ange pulled at the academies or even at their first facility. Usually only if you lied or Didn’t list something major and they found out.

Interviews are required as part of the background investigation. As soon as you released your SF-86 the clock started. It’s all part of the process don’t worry. Be honest and you should be fine.

Interviews are required as part of the background investigation. As soon as you released your SF-86 the clock started. It’s all part of the process don’t worry. Be honest and you should be fine.
Interviews are not required. Some people are interviewed some are not. Depends if they gave questions in something you put on you form or if they've found a discrepancy they would like to hear you explain.

Interviews are not required. Some people are interviewed some are not. Depends if they gave questions in something you put on you form or if they've found a discrepancy they would like to hear you explain.
That’s what I thought. I know a lot of people here on the forum who were born out of the country have said they got investigations.

As is mine.

In 4 days I will be living off savings and out of my car while I try to find some place that will let me stay on a week to week, or month to month contract without a security deposit. Probably will have to find a new job if this goes on longer than a month or two.

You don’t know my situation. Don’t assume anything.
I don’t have to assume that you don’t have a class date, so you necessarily were not as effected as the people you were making a joke about. Why don’t you just admit that your joke was in poor taste so we can all just move on.

In 4 days I will be living off savings and out of my car while I try to find some place that will let me stay on a week to week, or month to month contract without a security deposit. Probably will have to find a new job if this goes on longer than a month or two.
I would reach out to some of the housing providers. They tend to be very helpful in times like this.

I would reach out to some of the housing providers. They tend to be very helpful in times like this.

I am. The general consensus is that they are booked through, no one knows anything, and they can't commit to anything until things at least sorta settle down. I'll figure something out.

I don’t have to assume that you don’t have a class date, so you necessarily were not as effected as the people you were making a joke about. Why don’t you just admit that your joke was in poor taste so we can all just move on.

Agreed, reading it is a middle finger to a lot of people.

You don’t “necessarily” know anything about me or my situation regardless of if I have a class date or not. I am affected by this virus and I can still joke or take a joke. I’m sure you’re strong willed enough to ignore a joke if you don’t like it.

Agreed, reading it is a middle finger to a lot of people.
I’m affected by the virus too. I can still joke and take jokes about it. But I guess not everyone is the same. Sorry if I offended you.

They changed the entire background investigation process this year, from what I was told they are required now. I may be incorrect so I will try and find out more. Not everyone goes through an in person, I did mine over the phone.

Apply for unemployment. You have a good case to be approved for it since you already left one job to start another and then your new employer delayed your start date because of coronavirus. Also look into Airbnb. It’s a lot cheaper than hotel. You can book for as long as you need usually and many hosts will be willing to work with you if you need to shorten or extend your stay.

Back
Top Bottom