Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I got my TOL in November of 2019.

I still don't have an Academy start date. Just started online basics today.
Thanks, my daughter got her TOL today. But she graduates from college in May, 2021. Hoping that the slow FAA processes will work in her favor to finish college.

Thanks, my daughter got her TOL today. But she graduates from college in May, 2021. Hoping that the slow FAA processes will work in her favor to finish college.
It was just under 90 days from TOL to the academy for me. Usually if they give you a date and you ask to bump it back a couple of weeks for a major life event, they’ll usually help you out.

Terminal Basics had a guest instructor come in on Day 1 or 2 last week and ball-parked a march-may OKC class date for our class, obviously subject to change. That's 5 months of Phase 1, 2 and 3 review of material. Thinking we'll be more prepared after daily prepping for that long but that's just a consolation prize.

Does anyone know if we get paid for just the 3-4 hours we are in calls after basic? or do we get paid full time for the studying outside of calls too?

278 pages of posts is a lot to look though. Can someone tell me the amount of time that elapsed between TOL and Academy start date?
Got my TOL mid-November and could've probably gotten a March class date but had to finish school, so original class date was end of May. Now its looking like the end of November.
Also, I made sure that my HR rep knew about when my college graduation was ahead of time. I know some people who also waited until they got a class date to have them change it but they've always been accommodating for major life events.

Last edited:
Terminal Basics had a guest instructor come in on Day 1 or 2 last week and ball-parked a march-may OKC class date for our class, obviously subject to change. That's 5 months of Phase 1, 2 and 3 review of material. Thinking we'll be more prepared after daily prepping for that long but that's just a consolation prize.

Does anyone know if we get paid for just the 3-4 hours we are in calls after basic? or do we get paid full time for the studying outside of calls too?
You get paid for 40 hours a week no matter what "phase" you're in.

I'm setting up my iPad, and I never got the "Remote Management" option, where I'm supposed to enter my credentials. Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm setting up my iPad, and I never got the "Remote Management" option, where I'm supposed to enter my credentials. Has this happened to anyone else?

Keep hard reseting (factory reset) the ipad and go through the setup until you see the remote management. It can take either once, or a couple of resets

If the resetting method doesn’t work, give technical support a call. They’ll enable it for you as I had the same issue

Keep hard reseting (factory reset) the ipad and go through the setup until you see the remote management. It can take either once, or a couple of resets

I had this issue. It took a second reset to get the remote management screen to come up, and it took multiple attempts to get it to accept my username and password.

Tech Support was useless. Called them and they told me to e-mail instead, e-mailed them and never got a response.

Coming here from the 2020 bid to ask you guys a couple questions so I can prepare for all the paperwork ahead of me. For previous employers: would it be acceptable to just give month and year for start and end dates? Or do they REQUIRE the exact day? I’m not sure how I could figure out the exact day as some of those businesses I worked for don’t exist so I can’t exactly call them and ask them to check their record. I know the month though. Do they contact previous employers as well, or just current?

Last edited:
Coming here from the 2020 bid to ask you guys a couple questions so I can prepare for all the paperwork ahead of me. For previous employers: would it be acceptable to just give month and year for start and end dates? Or do they REQUIRE the exact day? I’m not sure how I could figure out the exact day as some of those businesses I worked for don’t exist so I can’t exactly call them and ask them to check their record. I know the month though. Do they contact previous employers as well, or just current?
They can and will contact anyone that you reference on the background check. You shouldn't have a problem listing just month and year for start and end dates if you are not exactly sure of the exact day. There are areas where you can leave little notes and I would recommend leaving notes saying you do not know the exact dates.

They can and will contact anyone that you reference on the background check. You shouldn't have a problem listing just month and year for start and end dates if you are not exactly sure of the exact day. There are areas where you can leave little notes and I would recommend leaving notes saying you do not know the exact dates.
Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom