Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

To everyone who thinks it’s a good idea to continuously send “hey, any updates for me??” emails, just keep in mind, every minute an HR rep spends reading/responding to those pointless emails is a minute they aren’t spending moving people forward in the hiring process.

To everyone who thinks it’s a good idea to continuously send “hey, any updates for me??” emails, just keep in mind, every minute an HR rep spends reading/responding to those pointless emails is a minute they aren’t spending moving people forward in the hiring process.
Ehh I dunno about that. Sending one email a month as just check in once a month seems reasonable.

There are multiple groups of people at various steps in the process that are literally just waiting for the next step/contact. Sending an email to your HR rep once a month isn’t gonna change that fact.

Ehh I dunno about that. Sending one email a month as just check in once a month seems reasonable.

There are multiple groups of people at various steps in the process that are literally just waiting for the next step/contact. Sending an email to your HR rep once a month isn’t gonna change that fact.
But it’s the multiple effect. There are hundreds of people going through the process at any given time. If everyone writes a generic “gimme an update” email once a month and it takes a rep 10 mins to answer each one, you’re talking about several man hours wasted each month on people demanding updates that aren’t there.

It isn’t HR emails that are holding things up. They’re human resources. Contact them if that makes you feel better, and don’t let anyone stop you because “tHeY’rE sPeNdInG mY mInUtEs On EmAiL.”

That said, consider what you would be able to do with the information you’re asking for even if they did give it to you. Is it actionable? What can you do with a maybe estimate for when you might get the next step?

But it’s the multiple effect. There are hundreds of people going through the process at any given time. If everyone writes a generic “gimme an update” email once a month and it takes a rep 10 mins to answer each one, you’re talking about several man hours wasted each month on people demanding updates that aren’t there.

At the same time... there's a bottleneck of literally months that isn't going to get wider. Classes are pretty much decided for the next 3 months or so. The HR reps working harder/less isn't going to get you to academy faster

It isn’t HR emails that are holding things up. They’re human resources. Contact them if that makes you feel better, and don’t let anyone stop you because “tHeY’rE sPeNdInG mY mInUtEs On EmAiL.”

That said, consider what you would be able to do with the information you’re asking for even if they did give it to you. Is it actionable? What can you do with a maybe estimate for when you might get the next step?
You could do things with your life like: get a job, start an online class, work on yourself, etc. Depends on how long the timeframe they give you is, you can efficiently plan out months of your life if you knew when you go to academy.

At the same time... there's a bottleneck of literally months that isn't going to get wider. Classes are pretty much decided for the next 3 months or so. The HR reps working harder/less isn't going to get you to academy faster

You could do things with your life like: get a job, start an online class, work on yourself, etc. Depends on how long the timeframe they give you is, you can efficiently plan out months of your life if you knew when you go to academy.
They can’t give you an answer that you could plan your life around; look at these poor folks that chose to do basics in person. Get that job and take that class.

Has anyone from the 10/21 class gotten your password for your ipad?
I legit didn’t get my password for iPad till the morning of the first day of basics lol not sure if that’s normal.

They can’t give you an answer that you could plan your life around; look at these poor folks that chose to do basics in person. Get that job and take that class.
Yup. I kept going back and forth between taking online basics or waiting for in person basics. Clearance knows this lol. But I would be fucked if I didn’t take virtual basics. I cringe thinking about what would happen if I didn’t do the virtual. Now I’m 4 days away from taking the final for Basics and move on to the next phase! So relieved.

I legit didn’t get my password for iPad till the morning of the first day of basics lol not sure if that’s normal.
I had my password but wasn’t added to the airwatch group until the second day of basics, lol. There was someone in my class who hadn’t even gotten their iPad before class started.

Yup. I kept going back and forth between taking online basics or waiting for in person basics. Clearance knows this lol. But I would be fucked if I didn’t take virtual basics. I cringe thinking about what would happen if I didn’t do the virtual. Now I’m 4 days away from taking the final for Basics and move on to the next phase! So relieved.
Ditto. Sorry to the people who didn’t want to take virtual because of their personal circumstances, but honestly it was such a good idea to do take it if you really want this job. RIP, maybe we’ll see you in a year or two.

I mean people who chose to do basics in person have a job already or couldn't live on 12/hr (perfectly understandable). But yeah I get the frustration of people asking constantly when the answer is "wait and see."

I mean people who chose to do basics in person have a job already or couldn't live on 12/hr (perfectly understandable). But yeah I get the frustration of people asking constantly when the answer is "wait and see."
The biggest travesty was the HR telling them they could not work other jobs. Like it’s hard to just not listen to your new employer when your not even hired yet

The biggest travesty was the HR telling them they could not work other jobs. Like it’s hard to just not listen to your new employer when your not even hired yet
This was the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard... the FAA can’t tell you anything about what you can do outside the hours they pay you for (with the big caveat of airline investments and medication concerns).

This was the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard... the FAA can’t tell you anything about what you can do outside the hours they pay you for (with the big caveat of airline investments and medication concerns).
It’s also written FAA policy that you can have a second job. The HR reps that were saying otherwise just had no clue what they were talking about.

To the new guys: that’s why if the agency ever tells you something stupid like that, ask to see it in writing.

So the big Rona brought about the ATC Basics on the ipad again? Did we not learn the first time they tried it like 2 years ago?

Back
Top Bottom