Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

This is absolutely correct, your duty station is DC and therefore you get DC locality pay (I heard that was actually the reason for it, because they know academy basic pay is so shit). You're just on TDY to the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center.

It makes for an interesting time the following April, because you were never actually a DC resident and therefore you don't owe the DC taxes they took out, you actually owe them to the state you lived in before going to the academy. You have to submit a form to DC to get those taxes back.
If they made your work base Oklahoma City then they couldn’t pay you and per diem

Back in the old times when you knew your facility, they would assign you there your first day of academy, so you didn’t have to file a DCA nonresident tax form.

Once you’ve on boarded, you can always go into employee express and max out your exemptions for state tax, assuming you want to avoid giving an interest free loan to the district for the rest of the year.

Back in the old times when you knew your facility, they would assign you there your first day of academy, so you didn’t have to file a DCA nonresident tax form.

Once you’ve on boarded, you can always go into employee express and max out your exemptions for state tax, assuming you want to avoid giving an interest free loan to the district for the rest of the year.
On academy pay it’s barely any money to dc lol. I think I got back like 12 dollars one year and like 100 the next

Has anyone who received their basics class date last week/the week before received their new drug test email yet?

I got my call on 11/16 and also have not received any further info.

EDIT: Actually, got the email today.
Did you get an email asking you to accept a class date and saying an FOL will come later, or did you get an FOL email as well?

Did you get an email asking you to accept a class date and saying an FOL will come later, or did you get an FOL email as well?
I got 2 emails: one regarding the expired drug test, and the other asking for acceptance of the class date (which was a week earlier than stated on the call) and changes to the answers provided on the EODS form asking about criminal charges, etc.

No FOL yet.

asking for acceptance of the class date (which was a week earlier than stated on the call)

Anybody? Or I'm I the only one?
I got a call with an Enroute class date very close to that, but not the 22nd. I wouldn't be surprised if the dates changed and we're in the same class. Unless they're starting multiple classes a week now ?‍♀️
EDIT: The date they gave me isn't in the catalog anymore

Looks like the same for me, original date given was 4/24 for OKC, now it's not showing any start dates in April for in-person Enroute. Joy.

Edit: is it possible they're creating a gap month to shift classes to in case of a gov't shutdown closing the Academy?

Looks like the same for me, original date given was 4/24 for OKC, now it's not showing any start dates in April for in-person Enroute. Joy.

Edit: is it possible they're creating a gap month to shift classes to in case of a gov't shutdown closing the Academy?
My 1/19 was changed to 1/15. There’s 2 start dates in April for basics, 4/12 and 4/19. Likely you’ll be in one of those.

My 1/19 was changed to 1/15. There’s 2 start dates in April for basics, 4/12 and 4/19. Likely you’ll be in one of those.
My Basics date is in March, my April date was for in-person Enroute.

Regarding Basics dates, is there a list of Basics start dates online like there are for in-person classes?

I got a call with an Enroute class date very close to that, but not the 22nd. I wouldn't be surprised if the dates changed and we're in the same class. Unless they're starting multiple classes a week now ?‍♀️
The 22nd was my onboarding date so the 25th thats listed in the link Bravo Alpha posted might the actual start date.

Back
Top Bottom