Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-61675

I applied for the July 2018 bid and am referred with a solid ATSA score. If I didn't receive a TOL for that bid yet, will everything roll into this bid for me if I missed applying for this new May 2019 one? Secondly, Since we are offered mid-low level facilities, isn't the goal to train and transfer to a higher lvl facility down the road? I see a lot of people worried about their list but if you'll transfer eventually is it that big of a deal? I wouldn't want to be stuck at a low-level facility so I plan to train and learn and nab an opening somewhere.

I applied for the July 2018 bid and am referred with a solid ATSA score. If I didn't receive a TOL for that bid yet, will everything roll into this bid for me if I missed applying for this new May 2019 one? Secondly, Since we are offered mid-low level facilities, isn't the goal to train and transfer to a higher lvl facility down the road? I see a lot of people worried about their list but if you'll transfer eventually is it that big of a deal? I wouldn't want to be stuck at a low-level facility so I plan to train and learn and nab an opening somewhere.
Are you prior experience? Prior Mil ATC/FAA CPC?
You’re saying you didn’t put in an application for the THIS bid, the May 2019 Prior Experience bid?

Ah, I'm in the wrong forum. Thought the new OTS bid was already out and I missed it. *facepalm*
I figured that was the case. Also, if you’ve applied to any previous OTS bids your info/ATSA won’t roll over into a new OTS bid. You’ll have to apply again and start fresh.

I figured that was the case. Also, if you’ve applied to any previous OTS bids your info/ATSA won’t roll over into a new OTS bid. You’ll have to apply again and start fresh.

Ok so I have to make absolutely sure I don't miss that short window- likely June/July. Could you go into why everyone is looking at lists? I figured we'd be sent somewhere after academy from a short list, then transfer to a higher lvl facility and higher pay after being trained more. Am I missing something?

Ok so I have to make absolutely sure I don't miss that short window- likely June/July. Could you go into why everyone is looking at lists? I figured we'd be sent somewhere after academy from a short list, then transfer to a higher lvl facility and higher pay after being trained more. Am I missing something?

Prior exp don't generally go to the academy. Most are sent lists to rank, and then are hired and sent directly to a facility ATO selects from your ranked list. Transfers are a whole different can of worms.

Almost true, you can elect to use your old ATSA scores. But you still need to apply to the bid and get “selected” like before.

This bid that you’re posting in is for those who have been controllers before(typically military) but by any verifiable avenues. They don’t go to the academy to learn, they move straight into a facility and that facilities training program. I think with the exception for some tracons or up/downs, depending on experience? So, the lists are the facilities that the FAA has said this person is able to go to based on their prior experience. That’s why these are all looking at lists. Us OTS people are looking for TOL’s the most haha

As an AG you select from a short list upon completion of Evals and then upon becoming a cpc you can ERR to a different facility.

Last edited:
I think so.. I am not 100% sure, I'm already in the FAA (2152 ATC [FSS]) with an ATC medical and security so I'm not even 100% sure how my process will work. I only know 1 other who did it, and they made him redo the MMPI. Seems so far like about the same timeframe as the Dec prior exp bid (16 days after closing, referral list generated).

Also referred. That went fast. And having all my CIL reqs already checked off from the last prior exp bid should make it go faster (back ground check, credit check, MMPI, etc.).

Anyone know at which point they ask you to choose which announcement you want to be considered for if you're on another prior exp bid? I'm hoping to get a list next week or sometime next month and if I get a crap list would be nice to get a 2nd shot at somewhere better.

Anyone know at which point they ask you to choose which announcement you want to be considered for if you're on another prior exp bid? I'm hoping to get a list next week or sometime next month and if I get a crap list would be nice to get a 2nd shot at somewhere better.

I believe they do it when they go to issue a TOL and see you already have one.

Also referred. That went fast. And having all my CIL reqs already checked off from the last prior exp bid should make it go faster (back ground check, credit check, MMPI, etc.).
It will for sure. I had all mine complete for the last bid from the March 18 bid. Even with having to take the drug screening again I got a TOL on March 4th and had a facility list April 2. Was really fast.

Curious to see the timeline of these TOLs. Maybe they’re trying to get this hiring all done sooner than later reference the fiscal year.

Back
Top Bottom