Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-61675

It went pretty much straight to DC. I was oceanic enroute in the Navy before I went to a ship, so no tower for this guy, so I can't apply for contract towers or even 80% of the DoD gigs.
Were you assigned to a tower and certify when you got into the FAA? If not and this isn't for everybody but, you can contract overseas for as a RADAR approach controller. I'm not sure if enroute oceanic experience is something midwest/serco/dyncorp is looking for but its worth a shot. Good luck dude.

Were you assigned to a tower and certify when you got into the FAA? If not and this isn't for everybody but, you can contract overseas for as a RADAR approach controller. I'm not sure if enroute oceanic experience is something midwest/serco/dyncorp is looking for but its worth a shot. Good luck dude.

Thanks, I dropped an application but haven't heard back. From what I heard, like many DoD jobs, you pretty much need to know somebody. And honestly, I'm burnt by this whole experience.

Just got eQIP, physical, and drug test done today. If everything from here goes smooth, would it be realistic to expect to start around feb or March?

Im no expert but I would think probably around November would be likely. The sooner the better for me.

The December bid guys have been getting their facilitiy lists for a month or so now. Saw someone say they got their FOL with a 2 week start date.

I sent my eQip in a week ago, got an email today to fix 2 errors. I was surprised they started working on it already, that was quick. So i cant imagine it will take too long.

Anyone make it through the process with more than 120 days? My EAOS is May 2020 and I got the "not hired" notification :/ I’m assuming it’s because I’m too far out yet.

Anyone make it through the process with more than 120 days? My EAOS is May 2020 and I got the "not hired" notification :/ I’m assuming it’s because I’m too far out yet.

A year is way over the 120 day limit. If it was close then maybe, but 365 days after the bid opened is way too much. I would think within like 150 would be the real hard cut off.

They've cleaned up that part of the process. Used to be that some guys would get a TOL before they figured out the guy was over a year out from his EOS. Now, they're making sure you're within the window. Or close enough.

I was 122 days out when this bid closed.

Got my list just now. I’ll post it when I can. Level 7 and below. 33 total. 24 up down and 9 tower only.

Edited bc I missed 2 at the bottom some how

Last edited:
Just to get ya'll hyped up. This was a list someone on the USAF ATC page posted today.

Atlanta TRACON on an experience bid? I thought it'd all be 8's and below. Excluding N90 if they're still looking for people there.

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought A90 was ATL. That's Boston. But still! A whole bunch of TRACONs on an experienced bid. Never seen that before.

Atlanta TRACON on an experience bid? I thought it'd all be 8's and below. Excluding N90 if they're still looking for people there.
A90 is Boston TRACON, A80 is Atlanta. He must've had some good ass experience or was a prior CPC already.

Just submitted my preferences!!!

A90 is Boston TRACON, A80 is Atlanta. He must've had some good ass experience or was a prior CPC already.

Just submitted my preferences!!!

Had to get my medical pushed back to next week. You guys are doing a lot better than me.

Back
Top Bottom