Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-63736

A lot of people have given me the advice to shoot for a level 7 thats easy to transfer out of and transfer to a 10 so i can start working towards my retirement or the other half say go to a region thats near where I want to end up so its a closer transfer. I looked at ACK and the cost of living was horrendous and MAF has a lot of people on the forum saying its impossible to transfer out of.

I know someone at SGF and CRW. Neither has ever said anything negative about those facilities. Spokane is a good area, not familiar with the facility. I think they’re taking in PSC’s Radar at some point.

Got a list yesterday. Any input is welcomed.View attachment 3984

like AB said, SMO is closing altogether so you’re guaranteed to get out (at least SOMEWHERE else) if you haven’t ERRd by then. Still a ways out though. I don’t know why the fuck PIA is on your list, their radar is consolidating to T75 in a year (maybe less, up in the air with COVID) so they’ll be tower only and a quick checkout time. Definitely avoid ACK, I’ve heard most controllers can’t afford to live on the island and have to take the ferry every day...

Okay boys I need some help here... Medical lady says she has received all my records and to wait. Waited a couple months and now she hits me back with I need your DD 2807-2808 (MEPS entry forms) which should be in the medical profile. The catch is I also requested a full medical record for myself, and these forms just aren't in there. She is asking for something the USAF doesn't have... If anyone has any insight or comment on the situation it would be greatly appreciated. I'm at my wits on end on what to do. I feel like this medical lady is doing her best to keep me out of the FAA for no reason. I'm a young healthy dude with no medical problems and this medical clearance is the only thing thats holding me back.

Okay boys I need some help here... Medical lady says she has received all my records and to wait. Waited a couple months and now she hits me back with I need your DD 2807-2808 (MEPS entry forms) which should be in the medical profile. The catch is I also requested a full medical record for myself, and these forms just aren't in there. She is asking for something the USAF doesn't have... If anyone has any insight or comment on the situation it would be greatly appreciated. I'm at my wits on end on what to do. I feel like this medical lady is doing her best to keep me out of the FAA for no reason. I'm a young healthy dude with no medical problems and this medical clearance is the only thing thats holding me back.
Did you request the records or just get them from the flight surgeon when you separated? All that should be archived
  • AF STR Processing Center
    ATTN: Release of Information
    3370 Nacogdoches Road, Suite 116
    San Antonio, TX 78217

Friend of mine turned down that exact list yesterday. He's in Jalalabad making big bucks though.

Did you request the records or just get them from the flight surgeon when you separated? All that should be archived
  • AF STR Processing Center
    ATTN: Release of Information
    3370 Nacogdoches Road, Suite 116
    San Antonio, TX 78217
Requested my records from that exact archive via the SF-180 a few months ago. Medical lady says she received them, but they didn't contain those forms I mentioned (the very first physical you receive at MEPS). I legitimately feel like my medical person thinks I'm lying and/or tried to skate the system and is making my FAA entry as hard as possible on me for some reason by requesting more and more random documentation for the last 6 months.

Requested my records from that exact archive via the SF-180 a few months ago. Medical lady says she received them, but they didn't contain those forms I mentioned (the very first physical you receive at MEPS). I legitimately feel like my medical person thinks I'm lying and/or tried to skate the system and is making my FAA entry as hard as possible on me for some reason by requesting more and more random documentation for the last 6 months.
If she has them she has everything the AF has. Ask what exactly she wants you to do, and if you can't get an answer ask for a supervisor. If that doesn't work go to your congress person.

I swear its like pulling teeth with these medical people. My lady now has everything and hopefully shouldn't be too long of a wait before the Flight Doc reviews my package and I get the all clear. No medical issues so I should clear quickly.... knock on wood. Anyone still on this board? Relative time frame for people going through this?

I swear its like pulling teeth with these medical people. My lady now has everything and hopefully shouldn't be too long of a wait before the Flight Doc reviews my package and I get the all clear. No medical issues so I should clear quickly.... knock on wood. Anyone still on this board? Relative time frame for people going through this?
Isn’t dealing w the gov’t fun? ?

Truly horrible service. I Also an update: she wants more... shocker! 10 years certified driving history now. Awesome
I feel like the hiring process is just another test to see if you have the fortitude to put up with anything the FAA throws at you at times.

Back
Top Bottom