Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I guess I assumed that the FAA pays for the Medical I had, but I keep getting a bill from the Dr’s office. Are we suppose to pay it since we aren’t officially employees?
If you’re talking about the physical you shouldn’t be paying for it. My medical POC sent me a document confirming the FAA was paying for it

If you’re talking about the physical you shouldn’t be paying for it. My medical POC sent me a document confirming the FAA was paying for it
If you didn’t bring the form to the doctor when you went then they didn’t get paid. My ame was pissed that the person before me didn’t bring it.

If you didn’t bring the form to the doctor when you went then they didn’t get paid. My ame was pissed that the person before me didn’t bring it.
My AME never asked for but I brought it in case. I guess once again everybody does this process just a little differently

I guess I assumed that the FAA pays for the Medical I had, but I keep getting a bill from the Dr’s office. Are we suppose to pay it since we aren’t officially employees?

If it was the physical and EKG with your AME the FAA will pay for it there is specific instructions in the email you received with your medexpress login info of what to provide your AME in order to not get billed and a pdf that contains the payment info / receipt.

Copied from my medexpress email:

Thank you for providing your appointment information.

Payment Authorization has been provided to the AME. It has been attached to this email should the AME request Payment Information.

Over the phone interview for security?! Oh man, all I've heard from security is that my "security background investigation is already scheduled" and "we don't need anything else from you right now." This was on 01/17/21, but no one has contacted me, nor have any of my contacts been contacted by the FAA.

And to help, I haven't been able to get ahold of my HR contact (TH) for weeks.

Can you share how your security phone call was scheduled?
Did mine back in dec and my references did theirs 2 weeks after mine. Investigator would just call if they need to talk to you

Has anyone else never heard from their security person after initial contact? I didn’t have to do fingerprints because they already had them on file so I just filled out the paperwork and sent it to my security poc and that was back in November.

Did mine back in dec and my references did theirs 2 weeks after mine. Investigator would just call if they need to talk to you
Weird, none of my references have been contacted yet. I did my phone interview and had a follow up question to clear up an answer, but that’s about it. Last contact was 1/4/21

Not everyone does an interview. If you need one they will scheduled it with you.
That settles my nerves a little bit... but I'd still very much like to hear something! Haha

I thought this is good info, I received my email for my onboarding start date on 1/11/21 to start on 04/26/21. I replied to my HR contact and I should receive my official FOL around 30 days before my onboarding.
Dang, who is your HR contact, they hooked you up! Wait for us! haha

Weird, none of my references have been contacted yet. I did my phone interview and had a follow up question to clear up an answer, but that’s about it. Last contact was 1/4/21
I haven't had a phone interview or reference contact.. this whole process is such a treat! o_O

I thought this is good info, I received my email for my onboarding start date on 1/11/21 to start on 04/26/21. I replied to my HR contact and I should receive my official FOL around 30 days before my onboarding.
I didn't say congrats! (what a jerk move) CONGATS, man that's awesome.

Our dates are pretty similar, so that probably means I won’t get a date/FOL until next year. Congrats!

Should’ve made a bet.
r/wsb should have put in a short squeeze

So I will have to quit my current job before starting the basics online course?
Bummer, its a nice way of getting outside the house during these pandemic times.
As long as it doesn't directly effect your ability to be in class during the allotted time, you can do whatever you want on your free time.

Be warned though, in the middle of basics you could get an email Friday afternoon saying that your class is starting 3 hours later on monday

As long as it doesn't directly effect your ability to be in class during the allotted time, you can do whatever you want on your free time.

Be warned though, in the middle of basics you could get an email Friday afternoon saying that your class is starting 3 hours later on monday
Does that apply if i currently work for an Air Carrier?

Does that apply if i currently work for an Air Carrier?
You are allowed to have a second job as long as it’s outside of duty hours and is not considered a conflict of interest. Working for an air carrier is absolutely considered a conflict though and would not be allowed under any circumstances. That’d be like an IRS employee getting a side gig at H&R Block. No go.

Back
Top Bottom