Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

You are allowed to have a second job as long as it’s outside of duty hours and is not considered a conflict of interest. Working for an air carrier is absolutely considered a conflict though and would not be allowed under any circumstances. That’d be like an IRS employee getting a side gig at H&R Block. No go.
Eh. I mean. Once you get to the field for sure, no way you'd be allowed to do that, but as an academy student I don't think you could affect your company vs another company in any way at all. Don't ask don't tell, do what your career can handle, etc, etc.

Eh. I mean. Once you get to the field for sure, no way you'd be allowed to do that, but as an academy student I don't think you could affect your company vs another company in any way at all. Don't ask don't tell, do what your career can handle, etc, etc.
Pretty sure it’s more of an ethics concern; being employed by a company while also working as a Government employee for the agency that oversees the industry. Even if you can’t directly show favoritism, etc. the agency would consider it an issue, and they would find out unless you plan on lying on your future SF-86 submissions. Not worth the risk IMO. Plenty of other side gigs out there.

Welp I'm probably going to have to reschedule my medical since my area is getting possibly a foot of snow. Does anyone know if medical needs to re-send a new payment authorization with the new date and time or if I can use the same form if it's the same doctor?

I thought this is good info, I received my email for my onboarding start date on 1/11/21 to start on 04/26/21. I replied to my HR contact and I should receive my official FOL around 30 days before my onboarding.
congrats bro. you're one of the first.

You are allowed to have a second job as long as it’s outside of duty hours and is not considered a conflict of interest. Working for an air carrier is absolutely considered a conflict though and would not be allowed under any circumstances. That’d be like an IRS employee getting a side gig at H&R Block. No go.
The rule is you can’t work for An aviation company that operates in your area of juridiction.

From the 2019 bid. Looks like now you won’t receive an FOL unless it is within 30 days of your start date. You can also have a second job as long as it does not interfere with you academy training (AKA when you are in basics your can work nights or work on the weekends.)

The rule is you can’t work for An aviation company that operates in your area of juridiction.
Just re-read the article in the contract and you’re right, it’s worded that if your facility doesn’t hold responsibility over the company you want to work for, outside employment can be allowed. So I guess Academy people may be able to get away with it. Probably not possible to work for a carrier once you’re assigned to a facility though.

Does that apply if i currently work for an Air Carrier?
I was told by my HR rep that under no circumstances can you be employed by an airline while employed by the FAA, he said he double checked with the legal department for me. You must have separated employment by your onboarding date and divested any stock you own.

Welp I'm probably going to have to reschedule my medical since my area is getting possibly a foot of snow. Does anyone know if medical needs to re-send a new payment authorization with the new date and time or if I can use the same form if it's the same doctor?
not sure if this is any help but I was never sent a form for payment verification to bring with me. I just told the front desk I’m not paying, the FAA is and she said “alrighty”. I think it just depends on the medical facility and what they really need/care to see. I could see some places being stingy if the date is not correct.

not sure if this is any help but I was never sent a form for payment verification to bring with me. I just told the front desk I’m not paying, the FAA is and she said “alrighty”. I think it just depends on the medical facility and what they really need/care to see. I could see some places being stingy if the date is not correct.
Thanks. I figured I'd probably email medical anyways just to give them a heads up, especially if I need a whole new form.

I finally got ahold of my HR rep (TH)! However, getting any kind of information was like pulling teeth. She didn't mention to me that was medically cleared (which I was told directly from medical that I am), or have any kind of update on my security. When I asked what to expect next (in hopes she would divulge something about my security) she said "Once you're cleared you will go to class." ....... just in case you guys were wondering ??

I finally got ahold of my HR rep (TH)! However, getting any kind of information was like pulling teeth. She didn't mention to me that was medically cleared (which I was told directly from medical that I am), or have any kind of update on my security. When I asked what to expect next (in hopes she would divulge something about my security) she said "Once you're cleared you will go to class." ....... just in case you guys were wondering ??
Lol I gave up on trying to contact TH and emailed CS. CS was great and told me I’m completely cleared and that TH will email me when she has a class date for me. Come on TH! Give us those dates!!

My boss just got my security forms. I’m still pending my MMPI results and drug test which I took both almost 2 weeks ago for medical clearance. Hoping to hear something soon about MMPI that shit has me nervous

For Medxpress, it’s asking for the last 3 years of any health professional visits. Do I just add all my visits throughout my life?

I totally set myself up for that one.
I'm surprised you received your MedExpress already if you just received your CIL 3 days ago. You're talking about the MedExpress, not the Pre-employment Worksheet right? If it's the later it's your entire history unless stated otherwise.

I'm surprised you received your MedExpress already if you just received your CIL 3 days ago. You're talking about the MedExpress, not the Pre-employment Worksheet right? If it's the later it's your entire history unless stated otherwise.
I submitted the Pre-Employment Worksheet on Friday. I received my MedExpress and E-QIP today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom