Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Pay, locations, etc.. Most enroute facilities are level 11 and up which means higher pay compared to Towers getting a level seven and below and most centers are located near larger cities compared to some towers in BFE..
Theoretically speaking though,

after the first couple years it evens out, no?

You’ll CPC and eventually be able to transfer to a more desirable tower right? Make the same amount of money and be in a preferable city.

I know those first few years could easily shake out to be a couple hundred thousand though, but you won’t be in BFE your whole career; or is it really that hard to transfer to a better city down the road?

You’ll CPC and eventually be able to transfer to a more desirable tower right? Make the same amount of money and be in a preferable city.

I know those first few years could easily shake out to be a couple hundred thousand though, but you won’t be in BFE your whole career; or is it really that hard to transfer to a better city down the road?
It can be that hard to transfer. And if you go to a center you can still put in to transfer to a big tower if you want

I've heard that generally they can't keep you from transferring to a larger facility that needs people (a 7 to a 9 etc.) because it is deemed "career progression," but that moving to a similar or smaller sized facility can be restricted based on staffing needs.

I've heard that generally they can't keep you from transferring to a larger facility that needs people (a 7 to a 9 etc.) because it is deemed "career progression," but that moving to a similar or smaller sized facility can be restricted based on staffing needs.
Everything is based on staffing needs. If your first facility is only 70% staffed (no facility lower than the national staffing average of 85% can release anyone to move) you aren't going anywhere, for a long time. Choose your first facility wisely because it will determine how long you are stuck.

Completely and totally not accurate. The only "career progression" is moving from a CPC to a supe or higher. In fact you're more likely to move to a lower facility than a higher one, if you transfer outside of NCEPT (e.g. hardship or swap).

Completely and totally not accurate. The only "career progression" is moving from a CPC to a supe or higher. In fact you're more likely to move to a lower facility than a higher one, if you transfer outside of NCEPT (e.g. hardship or swap).
What if I have a family member in Miami, Houston, or San Diego that suddenly needs care and I'm the only one that can do it?

What if I have a family member in Miami, Houston, or San Diego that suddenly needs care and I'm the only one that can do it?
From my understanding, the FAA doesn't care. I'm not familiar with the hardship process, but I don't think it guarantees what level facility you will go to.

From my understanding, the FAA doesn't care. I'm not familiar with the hardship process, but I don't think it guarantees what level facility you will go to.

The contract, article 99:

In order to effectively comply with the intent of the definition of a geographic area, employees must provide a list of all facilities and/or cities that will meet the needs of their specific hardship. Placement is allowed in the same, lower, or up to three (3) ATC Facility Pay Levels above their current ATC Facility Pay Level.

And there are more facilities in Miami, Houston, or San Diego that aren't MIA, IAH, or SAN.

Hello again,

So my HR rep said that I have a a strong chance of an October class date. However, she said that due to covid stuff she can’t place me until July or early August. Has anyone else in this situation recently had a later date than predicted? I have to sign a contract for my current job now (I get paid for a few months after I leave) and it’s difficult to exit it.

Just curious if anyone else has had their date pushed back so I can see how much trouble I’m gonna be in when I leave lol

Hello again,

So my HR rep said that I have a a strong chance of an October class date. However, she said that due to covid stuff she can’t place me until July or early August. Has anyone else in this situation recently had a later date than predicted? I have to sign a contract for my current job now (I get paid for a few months after I leave) and it’s difficult to exit it.

Just curious if anyone else has had their date pushed back so I can see how much trouble I’m gonna be in when I leave lol
Nobody has really posted they received a later date than expected. I think for most people they received an earlier date than expected.

This might not be the best thread for this, but I was wondering if there are any other disc golfers in the ATC community. Does anyone have any local knowledge of good courses around OKC to blow off steam during the academy? Dolese looks good but might be an issue if I don't have a car at the academy.

This might not be the best thread for this, but I was wondering if there are any other disc golfers in the ATC community. Does anyone have any local knowledge of good courses around OKC to blow off steam during the academy? Dolese looks good but might be an issue if I don't have a car at the academy.
Will Rogers Park is a good one around OKC. There’s also an app called UDisc that shows different courses around the area and where they’re located (I play a lot in Tulsa lol)

Will Rogers Park is a good one around OKC. There’s also an app called UDisc that shows different courses around the area and where they’re located (I play a lot in Tulsa lol)
yeah. I checked uDisc first. Its hard to get a good read on the what the courses are like though. I'll probably have to work out which courses are easiest to get to once I'm actually there.

I just got in a bad accident last week and totaled mine. Had to buy a new car. Just in time for OKC ? I had just put new tires on my old one and installed a hitch to pull a Uhaul to OKC too ? I feel for ya lol
Hope you’re not injured!
Make sure you mention it to your insurance company (new tires and hitch) to try to recover money back on your vehicles total loss. They won’t pay for the full price of them, but a couple hundred wouldn’t hurt.
I’m an auto insurance adjuster if you have any questions!

Back
Top Bottom