Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Just scheduled to take my MMPI tomorrow morning. Can't help but to feel like everything is going to start moving verryyy fast... Until I have to wait for my clearance and an academy date. Boy, am I nervous.

Reached out to both DP and CG. DP said I am still showing as not cleared pending medical review and to reach out to my medical POC. CG responded a little later in the day saying they
reached out to the Medical office and my clearance is still pending the Flight Surgeon review at this time......so thats something! Haha.

Things must be going really slow for the November dates. Handful of notices yesterday, and only three notices today so far. Between En Route and Terminal, there should be right around 72 slots (En Route: 5 classes, Terminal: 4 classes). Usually there's more forum traffic on notices, even if a few are not part of the group.

Reached out to both DP and CG. DP said I am still showing as not cleared pending medical review and to reach out to my medical POC. CG responded a little later in the day saying they
reached out to the Medical office and my clearance is still pending the Flight Surgeon review at this time......so thats something! Haha.
Reach out to the Medical POC still, it might be that your medical is just sitting on the stack of a FS who is out for a while and if you check in they'll move it over to someone else so it'll get seen sooner. That's what happened to me.

Things must be going really slow for the November dates. Handful of notices yesterday, and only three notices today so far. Between En Route and Terminal, there should be right around 72 slots (En Route: 5 classes, Terminal: 4 classes). Usually there's more forum traffic on notices, even if a few are not part of the group.
There’s only 2 Terminal classes 11/8 and 11/30

Reach out to the Medical POC still, it might be that your medical is just sitting on the stack of a FS who is out for a while and if you check in they'll move it over to someone else so it'll get seen sooner. That's what happened to me.
Which email showed your medical POC? Is it just the doctor you went to see to get physical or is it in on of the emails you get in the beginning? The one I received in the beginning to schedule appointment seemed to be from a generic faa email account.

Which email showed your medical POC? Is it just the doctor you went to see to get physical or is it in on of the emails you get in the beginning? The one I received in the beginning to schedule appointment seemed to be from a generic faa email account.
You can just use the 9-agl-avs email they use. The doctor you saw won't be any help, they just pass their results to the FS who makes the actual decisions.

Just scheduled to take my MMPI tomorrow morning. Can't help but to feel like everything is going to start moving verryyy fast... Until I have to wait for my clearance and an academy date. Boy, am I nervous.
Answer honestly with no hesitation and do not over think it. And answer false to “you enjoy teasing animals”.

Answer honestly with no hesitation and do not over think it. And answer false to “you enjoy teasing animals”.

I answered "true" and cleared it but this thread have me stressing. If I could do it again, I'd probably change my response, if only for peace of mind.

I answered "true" and cleared it but this thread have me stressing. If I could do it again, I'd probably change my response, if only for peace of mind.
Yikes- Thankfully false is my honest answer. I'm a sucker for the fuzzies, I just avoid engaging since I'm allergic. If I'm not mistaken, didn't we take a similar set of questions during the ATSA?

Yikes- Thankfully false is my honest answer. I'm a sucker for the fuzzies, I just avoid engaging since I'm allergic. If I'm not mistaken, didn't we take a similar set of questions during the ATSA?
Not really sure what the parameters were for grading on the AT-SA, but it was more of a "which applies to you most/which applies to you least" format, whereas the MMPI feels like it's trying to catch you being inconsistent by asking the same question in different ways. There are definitely quite a few questions that you should answer "false" to though, including the ones that seem overly virtuous (ie: "i never swear," "i read every newspaper article," etc.).

Not really sure what the parameters were for grading on the AT-SA, but it was more of a "which applies to you most/which applies to you least" format, whereas the MMPI feels like it's trying to catch you being inconsistent by asking the same question in different ways. There are definitely quite a few questions that you should answer "false" to though, including the ones that seem overly virtuous (ie: "i never swear," "i read every newspaper article," etc.).
MMPI: You swear often, true or false
ME: F* yeah

Or was I the only one?

I know you took the MMPI on 2/19, but do you have a rough idea of when you actually cleared?
I opted not to ask for a specific date, just since people on here seemed to be saying it's best not to email all the time. I wasn't really sure whether that mattered but I hate pestering people anyway. My drug test was the last thing I did on 2/25, and I emailed them asking if I cleared in late April. The medical people just said I was cleared with no date listed. (Couple things updated in sig)

What's nice is that CS was right on point in predicting a mid-Nov class, though I can't remember seeing anyone mention a way off prediction for class date.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom