Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I want to share my pre-employment experience with you guys and possibly try to get some insight on what to expect from this point on (even though I should probably just shut up and wait).

I was Tier 2'd from this bid back in June 2021. In my initial Tier 2 e-mail I was informed that "based on my MMPI-2 results, a Tier 2 evaluation is required." Within that same e-mail, they requested that I first get a neuropsychological evaluation due to a traumatic brain injury I sustained 15 years ago. I was also told that any expenses accrued would be out of my own pocket which I fully expected.

Fast forward to November 2021. I received an e-mail with the parameters of my neuropsych evaluation that the doctor needs to abide by. I found it strange that the parameters were for an ADD/ADHD testing series given the fact that I have no history of the disorder. I spoke to a number of neuropsychologists and was unable to secure an appointment within a reasonable time frame for a reasonable price. Recently, I found a FAA-approved neuropsychologist that gave me a reasonable price and could see me within a months time. She found the testing parameters odd as well and instructed me to double check with the FAA before moving forward with an appointment because there is quite a difference in pricing between the ADHD testing and full neuropsych workup. I checked in with my medical POC and I was told that they would check with their psychologist to make sure the parameters were correct.

Yesterday I received an e-mail stating that I actually do not need an evaluation done of any sort and that all I need to do is make a personal statement saying that there have been no changes in my medical or legal status. I was under the impression that this would finally take me out of the Tier 2 process and move me along to full clearance. However, that was not the case as I still need to meet with an evaluator to discuss my MMPI-2 (and most likely retake it). In the last e-mail I received from my medical POC, she mentions that the Tier 2 process has been "restarted" for me which is extremely discouraging in terms of any sort of timeline. I feel the last 9 months have been completely wasted for me due to a clerical error on their part.

Is there anyway I can request to be fast-tracked due to this mishap or am I at their mercy? My guess is that, since I'm dealing with the government, there is most likely absolutely nothing I can do. But if anyone has any insight or suggestions it would be much appreciated.

I want to share my pre-employment experience with you guys and possibly try to get some insight on what to expect from this point on (even though I should probably just shut up and wait).

I was Tier 2'd from this bid back in June 2021. In my initial Tier 2 e-mail I was informed that "based on my MMPI-2 results, a Tier 2 evaluation is required." Within that same e-mail, they requested that I first get a neuropsychological evaluation due to a traumatic brain injury I sustained 15 years ago. I was also told that any expenses accrued would be out of my own pocket which I fully expected.

Fast forward to November 2021. I received an e-mail with the parameters of my neuropsych evaluation that the doctor needs to abide by. I found it strange that the parameters were for an ADD/ADHD testing series given the fact that I have no history of the disorder. I spoke to a number of neuropsychologists and was unable to secure an appointment within a reasonable time frame for a reasonable price. Recently, I found a FAA-approved neuropsychologist that gave me a reasonable price and could see me within a months time. She found the testing parameters odd as well and instructed me to double check with the FAA before moving forward with an appointment because there is quite a difference in pricing between the ADHD testing and full neuropsych workup. I checked in with my medical POC and I was told that they would check with their psychologist to make sure the parameters were correct.

Yesterday I received an e-mail stating that I actually do not need an evaluation done of any sort and that all I need to do is make a personal statement saying that there have been no changes in my medical or legal status. I was under the impression that this would finally take me out of the Tier 2 process and move me along to full clearance. However, that was not the case as I still need to meet with an evaluator to discuss my MMPI-2 (and most likely retake it). In the last e-mail I received from my medical POC, she mentions that the Tier 2 process has been "restarted" for me which is extremely discouraging in terms of any sort of timeline. I feel the last 9 months have been completely wasted for me due to a clerical error on their part.

Is there anyway I can request to be fast-tracked due to this mishap or am I at their mercy? My guess is that, since I'm dealing with the government, there is most likely absolutely nothing I can do. But if anyone has any insight or suggestions it would be much appreciated.
There probably isn't anything you can do unless you want to seek congressional support.

Hey so if my basics date is 5-3 and my projected academy dates are 6-7 to 7-28. Anyone know what you do while waiting to go to the academy? Get paid to wait?

Hey so if my basics date is 5-3 and my projected academy dates are 6-7 to 7-28. Anyone know what you do while waiting to go to the academy? Get paid to wait?
Are you saying your OKC reporting date is any date between June 7th and July 28th? It should only be a week, maybe two in between the end of basics and OKC. You’ll really just spend that time getting down to Oklahoma if you’re driving or waiting. If it’s more than a week you might have to hop on zoom for a couple of hours a day.

Edit: Never mind I just assumed you were an en route class and those dates weren’t adding up. Yeah that’s just a week between basics and OKC I think, you want have any other responsibilities besides getting ready to head to the academy for that week.

Back
Top Bottom