Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

The FAA website said it "may be up to 180 days" for referral lists to go out, so that puts the deadline around the end of this year. But who knows if they'll actually stick to it...
At the risk of sounding like I’m defending them: is that “180 days” including the pandemic we are currently in?

Still have to consider those who haven't even taken the test yet. If they allow them to reschedule we're going to have to wait even longer.

Still have to consider those who haven't even taken the test yet. If they allow them to reschedule we're going to have to wait even longer.
I don’t think we’ll be waiting for them, given the fact that a referral list is out already. The FAA is gonna keep moving forward. The people that weren’t able to test will def get their chance though.

The referral list doesn’t mean they’re moving forward. Just means that they have your ATSA score. They won’t be able to schedule any of your post-TOL appointments any faster than they can schedule an ATSA.
Nothing has ever changed to be faster, only slower. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but that’s nearly everyone’s experience with this agency.

Side note: I know things are a little different in the world right now, but there’s no reason anyone has a better shot than normal to get through with a pool 2, well qualified score.

The referral list doesn’t mean they’re moving forward. Just means that they have your ATSA score. They won’t be able to schedule any of your post-TOL appointments any faster than they can schedule an ATSA.
Nothing has ever changed to be faster, only slower. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but that’s nearly everyone’s experience with this agency.

Side note: I know things are a little different in the world right now, but there’s no reason anyone has a better shot than normal to get through with a pool 2, well qualified score.
You may be right, who knows what’s going on.

The FAA website said it "may be up to 180 days" for referral lists to go out, so that puts the deadline around the end of this year. But who knows if they'll actually stick to it...
Considering they said that in June, peak pandemic time, Im assuming they took that into account. Though they, like the rest of us, may have expected it to be over by now...

If they let those who have not yet taken the ATSA, take it. Will the scores for those who have already taken it change? From what I understand your score is ranked against group performance not a set number.

I think the FAQ says the scores are absolute.

*And if they were relative, I would expect that all “Best Qualified” would get TOL’s, which isn’t the case.

I think the FAQ says the scores are absolute.

*And if they were relative, I would expect that all “Best Qualified” would get TOL’s, which isn’t the case.

when I say ranked I mean just the raw scores compared, not saying that is who they offer letters too. If the bq, wq and q scores are percentiles, then when more people take the test those benchmarks should move. Unless they they are dividing us into two groups and and also dividng the jobs amongst us. Again idk just hoping somebody knows

when I say ranked I mean just the raw scores compared, not saying that is who they offer letters too. If the bq, wq and q scores are percentiles, then when more people take the test those benchmarks should move. Unless they they are dividing us into two groups and and also dividng the jobs amongst us. Again idk just hoping somebody knows
Yeah I know what you mean, and I don’t believe that to be the case. I’m currently looking for the write-up on scoring I saw a couple of years ago, but that may have been a fever dream.

Yeah I know what you mean, and I don’t believe that to be the case. I’m currently looking for the write-up on scoring I saw a couple of years ago, but that may have been a fever dream.
That writeup isn't very useful, but it doesn't really help you in anyway to read it lol. But yes it does exist.

Friend received a TOL today with his last name starting as B. Looks like the TOL waves are coming in, so dont lose hope if you haven't received yours yet
forgot to mention, he's WQ pool 2! So there's hope for WQ people. Can everyonethat has received their TOL post the first letter of their last name so we can see where the wave roughly ends? :)

Back
Top Bottom