Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

TOL, BQ, Pool 2. Carried over score from last bid.

Conflicted about taking this. Got a new job during pandemic working in tech, employer is GREAT and pays more than ATC. FAA in comparison has treated me like total garbage due to psychological issues (now 100% resolved, not medication related) as a minor (I'm almost 30 now) on my application for a medical cert for piloting fixed wing. It's been 2+ years since AME visit, no medical. It's asinine and pathetic that they've made me wait this long without a denial or approval. I also suspect due to their conservatism, all things considered, given what they already know and what I had to do to work on my medical in response (mmpi-2), I would be tier 2'd.

I love aviation, but does anyone know if I am committed to this position if I accept TOL, assuming medical clearance goes through or no? I refuse to be committed at this stage as I have no trust in this organization at all. But if I can jump in pipeline and jump out later if they deny me for piloting, that's ok.

It's honestly pathetic that I am even thinking this, but I have to; I have been treated quite poorly by OKC and the Federal Air Surgeon's office.

I'm pool 2 BQ, no TOL yet, but unfortunately I got laid off from my job yesterday due to financial issues in the company. Could someone please let me know how I can inform them of this?
You don't need to inform them yet. You'll have a chance after receiving your TOL to submit all your prior work experience for the security clearance.
I had a similar situation right before I got my class date (after doing everything for medical and security) where my job just suddenly closed. I got a new job a week later and just informed my security contact.

Agreed! You're still a long way from receiving your first paycheck from the FAA even with a TOL in hand

Thanks guys for the advice, definitely going to look for another job in the meantime. I was also wondering how I can inform them of the off so that they can update my records if necessary?

You don't need to inform them yet. You'll have a chance after receiving your TOL to submit all your prior work experience for the security clearance.
I had a similar situation right before I got my class date (after doing everything for medical and security) where my job just suddenly closed. I got a new job a week later and just informed my security contact.
Okay thanks so much for the info, I appreciate it!

Conflicted about taking this. Got a new job during pandemic working in tech, employer is GREAT and pays more than ATC. FAA in comparison has treated me like total garbage due to psychological issues (now 100% resolved, not medication related) as a minor (I'm almost 30 now) on my application for a medical cert for piloting fixed wing. It's been 2+ years since AME visit, no medical. It's asinine and pathetic that they've made me wait this long without a denial or approval. I also suspect due to their conservatism, all things considered, given what they already know and what I had to do to work on my medical in response (mmpi-2), I would be tier 2'd.

I love aviation, but does anyone know if I am committed to this position if I accept TOL, assuming medical clearance goes through or no? I refuse to be committed at this stage as I have no trust in this organization at all. But if I can jump in pipeline and jump out later if they deny me for piloting, that's ok.

It's honestly pathetic that I am even thinking this, but I have to; I have been treated quite poorly by OKC and the Federal Air Surgeon's office.

you're not committed if you accept the tol

You’ll be bent over many more times by the FAA. Ask anybody or browse 1 page of any thread on this forum.

Not meaning to sound crass, just giving you reality.

If you’ve got something else going for you that’s good for you, why even bother with switching careers when you’re already tired of jumping through the hoops

Back
Top Bottom