Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Is there anyone who has successfully made it to the academy on their first try from a OTS bid ?
That has been my experience and from being on this website for awhile I have been incredibly fortunate to do so. Pending Coronavirus results...
Same here. Supposed to be going July 2. Starting to get a bit nervous about that date, but I don't care too much about being pushed back.

Maybe this incident will push the FAA to actually get alot of the systems of the "NextGen" NAS out on time or sooner?

You know, the ones that push automation and the use of digital communications, satellite telemetry data, etc, amongst other technological optimizations and innovations like ADS-B? I would imagine digital controls should allow for greater use of telework as well along with the original goal of making the NAS more efficient, albeit I'm not sure how much of that is in the FAA's current plans or vision.

Telework ATC??? That's a dumb idea I have to say. There is a large security aspect of the job as well so they're not going to let us just remotely log into the systems. And as long as the FAA is not privatized they'll be keeping the legacy systems as a backup to the satellite stuff. It wouldn't be hard for our adversaries to blow up our satellites so I hope they never do something as dumb as letting controllers telework.

all this chatting makes me think y'all heard something lol. I love telecommuting right now but just wish they'd tell us you're hired in advance and can go to work once everything gets back to normal. wishful thinking???

Telework ATC??? That's a dumb idea I have to say. There is a large security aspect of the job as well so they're not going to let us just remotely log into the systems. And as long as the FAA is not privatized they'll be keeping the legacy systems as a backup to the satellite stuff. It wouldn't be hard for our adversaries to blow up our satellites so I hope they never do something as dumb as letting controllers telework.

Telework doesn't necessarily mean, 'At home'. It could mean, 'remote site'. I know you all probably hate Wikipedia, but it's a good place to start.

FYI: A private MPLS circuit, or even better, an SD-WAN circuit that has an MPLS circuit in it, can be made extremely secure (think Intelligence Community level encryption for data over the link) with very high uptime. These ideas don't necessarily involve using solely the internet for connectivity. Then you just secure the remote sites physically. That may be in the FAA's risk appetite.

If you're pushing for this, you're also pushing for less controllers..... Not sure if that's what you want, but I do enjoy my job.

Not necessarily, it may also mean better tools with better portability over a digital link that make the NAS safer and more efficient. We all need to learn this automation stuff, whatever industry you're going into. ATC is no exception.

If there's really a determined need to get rid of a bunch of controllers in the future with automation in play, I'd imagine NATCA wouldn't let the FAA have it easy anyway without giving current controllers decent severance packages.

Not necessarily, it may also mean better tools with better portability over a digital link that make the NAS safer and more efficient. We all need to learn this automation stuff, whatever industry you're going into. ATC is no exception.

If there's really a determined need to get rid of a bunch of controllers in the future with automation in play, I'd imagine NATCA wouldn't let the FAA have it easy anyway without giving current controllers decent severance packages.

But that's the problem. Its not a problem until you lose your job because computers are doing it. Being in the FAA before, and DOD before, and Contract. I can tell you the FAA wants to pay you as little as possible. If they can cut costs they will (see consolidations of facilities, downgrades, etc.) If an automated system comes out and is separating for you? Good luck. Although you could be right, it may be me just being an old head, and trying to defend my job, but I trust the FAA with my job almost 0.

I can tell you the FAA wants to pay you as little as possible. If they can cut costs they will (see consolidations of facilities, downgrades, etc.) If an automated system comes out and is separating for you?
ALL employers want to pay you as little as possible. Management just wants to work your ass off w/o giving you extra.

I checked USAJOBS today and saw that my application status was still 'Received'. When I click on 'Additional Application Information' it takes me to the FAA site where it reads:

Your application has been reviewed and we have determined that you are NOT eligible for further consideration for this position(s). Please review the announcement requirements or contact the number listed in the announcement if you would like further information.

I met all of the eligibility requirements for Pool 2, but I guess I didn't make it this time. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone wanted to check their status. Good luck everyone!

I checked USAJOBS today and saw that my application status was still 'Received'. When I click on 'Additional Application Information' it takes me to the FAA site where it reads:

Your application has been reviewed and we have determined that you are NOT eligible for further consideration for this position(s). Please review the announcement requirements or contact the number listed in the announcement if you would like further information.

I met all of the eligibility requirements for Pool 2, but I guess I didn't make it this time. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone wanted to check their status. Good luck everyone!
Mine said the same thing I am so heartbroken! Concon, where did you hear this from? I didn't receive any notification. The "Additional Application Information" link, did that just popped up? Tell me this ain't true! ?

Last try, if you applied for pool 1 and got rejected can you still be eligible for pool 2 under the same bid?

Last try, if you applied for pool 1 and got rejected can you still be eligible for pool 2 under the same bid?
Depends . . . Were you not eligible for Pool 1? From my experience I would say unlikely, but the only way to know for sure is to call Aviation Careers and ask.

Back
Top Bottom