Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Anyone else wondering if they are gonna push the ATSA invites out a few months due to the whole virus situation? I saw that OKC classes that haven’t started yet are being postponed.

From what I read they already had classes filled through July from the previous bid that still had a good chunk unassigned. I don't expect anyone from this bid to hit OKC until 2021 unless things dramatically improve (which they won't).

Attachments

• 20200323_080947.jpg
    20200323_080947.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 17
Yeah, we will be waiting for a while yet, that's for sure. FAA is slow to go to skeleton crews and I bet it will be slow to start up applications again.

How could any of you still want to work for the FAA given how they aren’t handling the current situation??
My hope is there will be charges brought to the supreme court when all of this is done. Maybe something will change, who knows, but I can't ignore the fact that this job pays well, has good benefits and retirement, and I'll actually get to use my brain while doing it. Name me another job like this one. It sucks, but lots of the younger generation are struggling right now working multiple jobs, so even if we're treated like animals here, at least we aren't starving. I personally am still at work myself as well. On top of all of this, it's my belief that this all stems from Mr Orange and hopefully he won't be around come November.

My hope is there will be charges brought to the supreme court when all of this is done. Maybe something will change, who knows, but I can't ignore the fact that this job pays well, has good benefits and retirement, and I'll actually get to use my brain while doing it. Name me another job like this one. It sucks, but lots of the younger generation are struggling right now working multiple jobs, so even if we're treated like animals here, at least we aren't starving. I personally am still at work myself as well. On top of all of this, it's my belief that this all stems from Mr Orange and hopefully he won't be around come November.

How would the court changed any of this?

How would the court changed any of this?
Provisions could be put in to prevent this from ever happening, certain people removed from office, certain people maybe even seeing prison time, who knows, this is only the beginning. However, I'm not going to discount a career just because current management is atrocious.

How could any of you still want to work for the FAA given how they aren’t handling the current situation??
Genuinely curious, do you think the FAA is the only one mishandling this? Every company in my city is mishandling this. The government is mishandling this. Most places around the world are mishandling this. It’s no excuse, but the FAA is still a better option than most of us have.

Because there are few organizations (including the government, top to bottom) who have handled this situation correctly?

My current job didn't let anyone start working from home until this past Wednesday, after someone in the office building tested positive

Same reason majority of people in the faa aren't quitting. Above average pay. Great leave/sick leave policy. The amount you work vs the amount you have on break is unparalleled. Exciting job. Government benefits/retirements. TSP.

I'm sure in missing some.

Because there are few organizations (including the government, top to bottom) who have handled this situation correctly?

My current job didn't let anyone start working from home until this past Wednesday, after someone in the office building tested positive

Glad I live in an area where this stuff IS taken seriously as we are close to a hotspot, even though my town in particular isn't super hard hit. Plus I've been remote for a week and a half now.

This too shall pass...so they say. I also think after this pandemic, the country (government, fortune 500, the medical system, and to a lesser extent, small business) will be much more prepared for the next one.

So, still applying for ATC. Truth be told, still sounds like an interesting life opportunity, but I still also don't have all my eggs in one basket! Dunno what could happen.

Read some of the other non-hiring threads and you’ll read otherwise.
They're really not handling it that poorly considering its an *essential* function. No matter what. Everyone is going to bitch about how it's handled. But. It could be way worse.

They're really not handling it that poorly considering its an *essential* function. No matter what. Everyone is going to bitch about how it's handled. But. It could be way worse.

Maybe this incident will push the FAA to actually get alot of the systems of the "NextGen" NAS out on time or sooner?

You know, the ones that push automation and the use of digital communications, satellite telemetry data, etc, amongst other technological optimizations and innovations like ADS-B? I would imagine digital controls should allow for greater use of telework as well along with the original goal of making the NAS more efficient, albeit I'm not sure how much of that is in the FAA's current plans or vision.

Maybe this incident will push the FAA to actually get alot of the systems of the "NextGen" NAS out on time or sooner?

You know, the ones that push automation and the use of digital communications, satellite telemetry data, etc, amongst other technological optimizations and innovations like ADS-B? I would imagine digital controls should allow for greater use of telework as well along with the original goal of making the NAS more efficient, albeit I'm not sure how much of that is in the FAA's current plans or vision.
If you're pushing for this, you're also pushing for less controllers..... Not sure if that's what you want, but I do enjoy my job.

Read some of the other non-hiring threads and you’ll read otherwise.

I work in the most violent max security prison in my state. One of the many stupid things my state has done in response to this is make it so we can't search for contraband; we find dozens of weapons and tons of drugs monthly. Not to mention we now have 20,000 gallons of highly flammable alcohol being brought in around the clock which is handled by inmates. Hate to say it, but no matter how bad the response from the FAA is you don't have to worry about getting stabbed, cut, shot, beaten, lit on fire, etc.

Oh, and as of today if we are exposed to someone who tested positive for the virus we are no longer allowed to be quarantined per our governor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom