Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I understood the first time, it says received still on both. And "submitted" on the view application portion.

I believe these don't change until after taking the ATSA assuming you don't get disqualified before that.

No.

No, it doesn’t depend.
I should have been clearer. I was a part of the 2018 bid and there were people who were disqualified at this stage mistakenly and were able to get it corrected by calling in (page 8 of that bid). I am not suggesting this is what is happening here or encouraging people to call in unless there is good reason to believe mistakes were made. The safe answer to most questions is "no", but there are some exceptions even in this crazy hiring process.

I applied for Pool 2 and I’m still sitting on, “Your application has been received.” How has everyone been holding up during these times? When this is all over we need shirts that say, “ I Survived & Conquered COVID-19”

I should have been clearer. I was a part of the 2018 bid and there were people who were disqualified at this stage mistakenly and were able to get it corrected by calling in (page 8 of that bid). I am not suggesting this is what is happening here or encouraging people to call in unless there is good reason to believe mistakes were made. The safe answer to most questions is "no", but there are some exceptions even in this crazy hiring process.
thanks shaky

Mine just says received as well when I click on additional information. Considering we aren't even allowed into a lab to take the ATSA until tbd I'm not expecting any updates until mid summer at best. Until then I'm going to continue to perfect my homemade microwave hot dog recipe. DM if you want it.

Yeah same, I'm stuck in the "received" status. Probably won't hear anything until July. You should hit me with that hot dog recipe though, it would be a shame if you kept it all for yourself.

So alot of the certs for the information technology stuff I do on a daily basis to make a living at the moment are now allowing online (at-home) proctoring through Pearson Vue even though they never did so in the past. Ie: Cisco/CompTIA/AWS, etc via "Pearson onVue".

Do you think PSI/FAA will ever allow at-home AT-SA through a similar measure considering the pandemic? Is PSI doing this for any other exams (they do alot more than just FAA)?

So alot of the certs for the information technology stuff I do on a daily basis to make a living at the moment are now allowing online (at-home) proctoring through Pearson Vue even though they never did so in the past. Ie: Cisco/CompTIA/AWS, etc via "Pearson onVue".

Do you think PSI/FAA will ever allow at-home AT-SA through a similar measure considering the pandemic? Is PSI doing this for any other exams (they do alot more than just FAA)?
That's a good question but I wouldnt think so. A lot of FAA exams need a proctor and there's too much of a chance of cheating (even if a webcam is needed and the browser is locked, people will still find a way). I'm actually trying to get my dispatch cert and there are a lot of proctors still administering tests during this time. But for the ATSA, I feel that figuring out how people are going to take that test is the very least of their concerns.

Testing facilities will have to open up sooner or later, cant just keep everything closed indefinitely

They won’t. They don’t need your results right now because they can’t move you forward through the steps afterward anyway. HR has been pretty clear to all of the currently open bids that they’re sitting tight with the exception of online BASICS, which I imagine they’re only doing to decrease time at the academy so they can make more class dates. Probably more waiting :(

Yeah same, I'm stuck in the "received" status. Probably won't hear anything until July. You should hit me with that hot dog recipe though, it would be a shame if you kept it all for yourself.

I only want the hotdog recipe when it's perfected, not some subpar work in progress.

I appreciate the interest but I need more information. What is the strength of your microwave? What kind of beef are you working with? Do you like your buns toasted, soggy, or moldy? I'm not just gunna give it out willy nilly.

I agree with GolfBravoPapa, probably sometime after the pandemic is over and the country open back up. Trust me, I'm pretty eager too but I did more than enough research before hand to know this is a "hurry up and wait" kind of recruitment

I agree with GolfBravoPapa, probably sometime after the pandemic is over and the country open back up. Trust me, I'm pretty eager too but I did more than enough research before hand to know this is a "hurry up and wait" kind of recruitment
Minus the hurry up. It's just a long wait

Back
Top Bottom