Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I was notified that I'm fully cleared awaiting a class date. Anyone have any guesses of a realistic time frame for next classes

Medically cleared, waiting on security. Any idea how long that usually takes? Filled everything out during the Texas Blizzard several weeks ago lol

According to clearance jobs the average time to get a secret clearance was 107 days
The majority of time, you receive a conditional clearance before going to the Academy. Your background investigation continues and you receive your full clearance down the road (or get fired if something were to come up, but that is rare). Took me almost a year and a half to get my full clearance after being hired.

OK I'm starting to get worried here. I did my medical exams in January and am yet to hear back from them. I asked my HR person if there was anything I'm missing and she never replied. Is anyone else waiting for medical clearance?
Also waiting on medical. I was asked to send in additional documentation and sent it midway through March, sent an email a week later to my medical contact, then 9-agl, no response from either. I did get a response from my HR contact but she didn't confirm or deny whether anything was received, just said I'm still pending and that it can take a while.

Just told my boss after 2 months to send my security forms in. I would have thought he’d send them in day 1 since were close. Needless to say that pissed me off..hopefully now my security will get cleared soon
That's a big oof :( I'm sorry, your boss didn't just send it in as soon as it was finished, that sucks:mad:

Attachments

• oof.jpg
    oof.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 26
Also waiting on medical. I was asked to send in additional documentation and sent it midway through March, sent an email a week later to my medical contact, then 9-agl, no response from either. I did get a response from my HR contact but she didn't confirm or deny whether anything was received, just said I'm still pending and that it can take a while.
I submitted additional documentation on January 11th and didn’t get medically cleared until mid-March so it could take time depending on what they needed from you.

I submitted additional documentation on January 11th and didn’t get medically cleared until mid-March so it could take time depending on what they needed from you.
agreed, I needed to submit stuff for sleep apnea and it took awhile to get medical clearance.
Thanks for the info! I've been getting worried about not hearing a result or even that they've at least received what they were looking for.

Got an email from my rep yesterday. Verbatim she said “We are on hiatus for placing people in classes until further notice. Once we are able, I will contact you for a class.” I was told I was fully cleared about a week ago, but I probably was fully cleared way before that just never got any notification that I was.
I just got a similar response, due to COVID they’re not scheduling anyone at this time but expect me to be in a July/August class based on my clearance date.

Did everything in December, cleared late February due to a lot of back and forth with medical POC. I wasn’t notified I was fully cleared until last week, it was nice not thinking about all of this for a month and a half.

Last edited:
According to clearance jobs the average time to get a secret clearance was 107 days
Thanks! I found out today I am conditionally cleared but waiting on an interview with a tentative class date in October.

Does anyone know if we can still go to class without said interview?

The majority of time, you receive a conditional clearance before going to the Academy. Your background investigation continues and you receive your full clearance down the road (or get fired if something were to come up, but that is rare). Took me almost a year and a half to get my full clearance after being hired.
This answered my question I asked the other person. Thank you!

This answered my question I asked the other person. Thank you!
I am happy it got answered, just as a heads up I have gotten a secret clearance twice and was never interviewed. One for the navy the other for military sealift command. If your paperwork is good and you include everything with accurate dates you should be good. Worst case they need to clarify something so if you do have one make sure you bring all the info with you that they asked for on the form and it is verified.

I am happy it got answered, just as a heads up I have gotten a secret clearance twice and was never interviewed. One for the navy the other for military sealift command. If your paperwork is good and you include everything with accurate dates you should be good. Worst case they need to clarify something so if you do have one make sure you bring all the info with you that they asked for on the form and it is verified.
Thanks! I was racking my brain to try and make sure I got it all. Was tough on job supervisors as some business have folded and I don’t have contact with the old supes and such.

thank you!

Anyone know a timeline on when you get a class date? My medical cleared back in February and haven’t heard anything on my background.

Anyone know a timeline on when you get a class date? My medical cleared back in February and haven’t heard anything on my background.
If you look back a few pages in this thread there’s a very helpful chart someone created that is fairly accurate. My hr rep has told me to expect September/October and I cleared mid February. I would guesstimate July/August for you. And it seems like people get class date emails 1 to 2 months out if I’m not mistaken.

*edited: that’s being that security has cleared as well. That chart goes for when you’ve cleared everything.

Back
Top Bottom