Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Anyone know a timeline on when you get a class date? My medical cleared back in February and haven’t heard anything on my background.
I checked in with my HR POC (DF) and was told on 3/31 that I was completely cleared and pending a class date that would potentially be July/August and that she will be in touch with me sometime in May if not sooner. If you haven’t heard anything in a while, doesn’t hurt to check in with your POC.

People who already have dates:

what are you all doing to prepare for basics/academy? I know the common advice is to go in with a blank slate, but I can’t help feel like that’s irresponsible lol. I feel like I need to study SOMETHING.

what are you all doing to prepare for basics/academy? I know the common advice is to go in with a blank slate, but I can’t help feel like that’s irresponsible lol. I feel like I need to study SOMETHING.
Have fun with your life before this. If you are successfully you will be training for the next couple YEARS.

Just trying to enjoy my time where I’m at for now and tying up loose ends.
Moving post-academy is going to be a logistical nightmare, so I’m trying to get a head start on that.
Seeing friends and working. Checking .65 every night to see what’s up and see what’s new. Just focus on yourself for now, look at the thousands that pass without any prior knowledge. It’ll be okay.

If you seriously want to prepare then read up on the 7110.65... basically the ATC bible. You can also listen to the LiveATC app. But if you don’t understand what the controllers and pilots are saying, it’s next to useless. Watch random videos on YouTube just so you get a better understanding.

If you seriously want to prepare then read up on the 7110.65... basically the ATC bible. You can also listen to the LiveATC app. But if you don’t understand what the controllers and pilots are saying, it’s next to useless. Watch random videos on YouTube just so you get a better understanding.
Learn your alphabet so it’s second nature. You ll use it a lot. Wouldn’t go past cup 2 in the .65 as you may confuse yourself. Have questions, ask

Definitely learn your phonetic alphabet so you know it forwards and backwards and in your sleep. Definitely don't do anything else, they teach you everything you need to know.

Update: "We have only been allowed to fill the class seats through June at this time, due to potential COVID exposures causing additional class delays. I believe we’ll be slowly filling the seats, as we continue through the year. "

Last edited:
Update: "We have only been allowed to fill the class seats through June at this time, due to potential COVID exposures causing additional class delays. I believe we’ll be slowly filling the seats, as we continue through the year. "
Yeah seems pretty straightforward why fill classes 3 months from now if we are always at risk of potential Covid delay

Back
Top Bottom