Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I highly recommend Academy Advantage FWIW. I honestly think it made a difference in my experience and helped me focus on making it through the academy.

I stayed at a hotel when I was there, went from gold to titanium on the marriott rewards ladder and got 10 suite room upgrades to use for this year along with a few automatic upgrades for the few times I've stayed at a hotel since then (travel to new facility, vacation etc)

"Notes: Shuttle Route 5 - Do NOT sign a 6-month lease with The Anatole Apartment Complex. Your training will conclude prior to the end of the lease agreement. Anatole will expect you to pay through the end of the lease agreement regardless of when your training ends. The Anatole Apartment Complex is NOT included on the FAA Housing List. They have not certified that they meet the objective criteria required for FAA students. They are ONLY providing a shuttle stop for other lodging providers who sublease to FAA students at The Anatole. The following providers sublease for Anatole: A&T Corporate Housing Corporate Housing Solutions at Anatole New Genesis Premier Zoe Homes"

This was on the Housing List site under "Transportation Location ONLY!!! for DAY Route 1." Can anyone share some insight?
That's the thing I forgot to mention. You gotta book Anatole with one of the housing providers and not Anatole directly. That's where I'm planning to stay when I get my academy date, so hopefully nothings changed since.

Last edited:
I stayed at a hotel when I was there, went from gold to titanium on the marriott rewards ladder and got 10 suite room upgrades to use for this year along with a few automatic upgrades for the few times I've stayed at a hotel since then (travel to new facility, vacation etc)
Nice! I was considering doing this for the points… did you have any difficulty studying with your classmates? Also do you cook a lot?

"Notes: Shuttle Route 5 - Do NOT sign a 6-month lease with The Anatole Apartment Complex. Your training will conclude prior to the end of the lease agreement. Anatole will expect you to pay through the end of the lease agreement regardless of when your training ends. The Anatole Apartment Complex is NOT included on the FAA Housing List. They have not certified that they meet the objective criteria required for FAA students. They are ONLY providing a shuttle stop for other lodging providers who sublease to FAA students at The Anatole. The following providers sublease for Anatole: A&T Corporate Housing Corporate Housing Solutions at Anatole New Genesis Premier Zoe Homes"

This was on the Housing List site under "Transportation Location ONLY!!! for DAY Route 1." Can anyone share some insight?
I think you need to book through the FAA housing provider directly

Last edited:
I got scheduled for that class too. Same for me, 7/7 TOL.
Excited and researching where to stay. I want my own space, not interested in roommates. And I’ll need to be on the shuttle route since I won’t have a car. Where are you thinking of staying?
When did you guys cleared?

Which hotel did you use? How was the experience living out of a hotel for that long? I’m leaning toward it, also hoping to accrue reward points during the extended stay. I have two main needs: 1. must be on the shuttle route since I won’t have a car, 2. prefer a kitchen (not kitchenette) to prepare my own meals.

When did you guys cleared?
Not sure when I cleared, didn’t get a date on that. I was told that I was pending a class date since mid September if that helps.

All this talk about hotels… listen do what you wanna do I understand the lure of wanting points and stuff. I will say there really isn’t a better way to go then Kim’s.for enroute She has strip boards for NR which you will need if you want to do well on NR evals and you do have a little ATC community over there. The houses are quaint and give you that bit of privacy you need while also having the opportunity to also have all your groceries paid for by Kim on top of getting M&IE from your per diem. You make drastically more money at Kim’s

Nice! I was considering doing this for the points… did you have any difficulty studying with your classmates? Also do you cook a lot?

I think you need to book through the FAA housing provider directly
none at all i just went home after class cooked and ate dinner maybe work out at the gym then drove over to the class at kims and studied for a few hours, its not like you wanna get outta school and then immediately study gotta unwind a bit

Ekula marriott residence inn, it has stovetops with a microwave and fridge and plates and stuff but no shuttle if i recall pretty sure the housing page has a list of places that do have shuttle service

All this talk about hotels… listen do what you wanna do I understand the lure of wanting points and stuff. I will say there really isn’t a better way to go then Kim’s.for enroute She has strip boards for NR which you will need if you want to do well on NR evals and you do have a little ATC community over there. The houses are quaint and give you that bit of privacy you need while also having the opportunity to also have all your groceries paid for by Kim on top of getting M&IE from your per diem. You make drastically more money at Kim’s
This is great information, thank you. I love hotels and would be tempted to score some points, but succeeding in academy is infinitely more important.

Exactly what he said. Students at Kim’s have a higher success rate. Hotels would be great for the points but honestly you’re looking at a 5+ million dollar career, the hotel points are worthless. You have your own community. Almost everyone in my class who passed lived at Kims (except for one who had years of aviation experience).

Just because you go to Kim’s doesn’t mean you are guaranteed to pass. You need your priorities in order and can’t go out and make OKC a giant vacation or try to freak in the sheets there. Sadly too many students waste their talent by distractions. You only have one shot at this, might as well give it 100%.

Just because you go to Kim’s doesn’t mean you are guaranteed to pass. You need your priorities in order and can’t go out and make OKC a giant vacation or try to freak in the sheets there. Sadly too many students waste their talent by distractions. You only have one shot at this, might as well give it 100%.
Can't emphasize this enough.. Its way too common to hear of people failing by a couple of points. While you're there, work your ass off. If you don't understand, ask questions. Don't half ass study and leave easy points. You probably won't find many careers like this one. Its not a vacation. Its a 3monthish job interview. work your ass off. There are better places to vacation at than OKC. And if you are lucky enough to live close to home during this, I highly recommend you dont visit home often. It gets in the way whether you believe it or not. Go home after you pass instead of going home without a job.

This is great information, thank you. I love hotels and would be tempted to score some points, but succeeding in academy is infinitely more important.
I’m at the academy now and I’m staying at a hotel. In fact, 6/8 students in the class are staying here, and I feel like it’s the best decision I could’ve made for ME regarding lodging. We have privacy and the amenities of a hotel with the option to study in the conference rooms away from distractions. The points are a plus for sure, but had no impact on my decision to stay here. Do what’s most comfortable for you and communicate that with your classmates so you can possibly have others staying near you.

I cleared early October. From DP today:

“I expect for you to be placed in our next round of placements. Currently classes are full through Feb. It is possible for someone to decline and for you to be placed in a Feb class, but if not you should be placed in March or April.”
Sweet! I guess the one good thing of being a "late tester" was that it seems to be going by a little bit faster.

Glad to see a lot of you finally getting to the Academy. Jan 2020 applicant as well but just got notified that I'm officially in line for Tier 2 eval. I know I still got a wait but can't wait to get there.

Back
Top Bottom