Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I submitted additional medical paperwork back in June, and I've yet to get an update other than statements that it's still pending FS review. Over the last month I've been unable to reach my medical contact or anyone at the 9-agl address via email or phone.
Anyone have a similar situation or advice on what my options are from here? DP at HR replies extremely quickly but refers me back to medical.

I submitted additional medical paperwork back in June, and I've yet to get an update other than statements that it's still pending FS review. Over the last month I've been unable to reach my medical contact or anyone at the 9-agl address via email or phone.
Anyone have a similar situation or advice on what my options are from here? DP at HR replies extremely quickly but refers me back to medical.
I submitted additional paperwork right before thanksgiving, and heard back it was reviewed right after New Years. Typically if they request info and you don’t send it they’ll send out a last chance email. If you haven’t gotten one of those I’d say you’re ok, they probably received it, but I’d keep trying to reach them. I’m sure they’re also busy with Covid.

For people who have started academy, you have any recommendation about which healthcare plan to choose?

After 2 long long years (4 if you include previous bids) ive cleared and am pending a class date. TH told me march/april, which is way sooner than i was expecting but i am so ready lol. It is true that no news is good news, my security took 4 months and i couldnt get an update all i got was “i will let you know if there is anything i need from you” um ok ?

After 2 long long years (4 if you include previous bids) ive cleared and am pending a class date. TH told me march/april, which is way sooner than i was expecting but i am so ready lol. It is true that no news is good news, my security took 4 months and i couldnt get an update all i got was “i will let you know if there is anything i need from you” um ok ?
I'm living through other people and get pumped everytime I see this! My day will come one day but until then y'all keep em coming!

Thats so soon ???

Congrats! Did you have to reach out to find out if you cleared or did they reach out first? I’m waiting for my medical and don’t want to keep asking if they’ll let me know when I clear.

Congrats! Did you have to reach out to find out if you cleared or did they reach out first? I’m waiting for my medical and don’t want to keep asking if they’ll let me know when I clear.
Thanks! AF handled my medical and was awesome, updated me and responding to my medical and emailed me the FS results which showed I was cleared, but when security was cleared i had to keep emailing and calling until i found out. I checked about every two weeks.

For anyone in enroute basics/ NR Academics buckle up… It’s a ride. Make sure you know the map , TCP’s, departure rules and look out for head on traffic and your life will be easy. I took a little hit on one of my evals but I can say if it happens just keep pushing on and worry about your other traffic. DO NOT take a separation error and make it more separation errors by trying to fix it. Only fix it if you know it’s possible. Once it’s done… it’s done. If you keep pushing on and let it go your evaluator will see it and apparently they really like that stuff.

For anyone in enroute basics/ NR Academics buckle up… It’s a ride. Make sure you know the map , TCP’s, departure rules and look out for head on traffic and your life will be easy. I took a little hit on one of my evals but I can say if it happens just keep pushing on and worry about your other traffic. DO NOT take a separation error and make it more separation errors by trying to fix it. Only fix it if you know it’s possible. Once it’s done… it’s done. If you keep pushing on and let it go your evaluator will see it and apparently they really like that stuff.
Give departure clearances ASAP, do not give an EDC time. Also, you don't need to ask for the pilots concurrence. Thank me later!

Real talk, NR absolutely sucks. Just get through it, radar is completely different. Most people I talk to averaged in the 50s/60s in NR and graduated, don't let your score scare you away.

Also - this took me forever to notice... for your comm changes (NE, NW, SE, SW), by SQS it is always NW/NE for the V278 guys and for JAN it is always SE/SW for the V18 guys. Not sure if that changed with the MHZ map though. I believe it is an airspace sep error if you get that wrong.

Solid advice. Also, dont fret over the hit you took, by the way. I royally screwed up my first NR eval by worrying about the room and other people instead of paying full attention to my pre-planning, and suffered multiple sep errors over one single thing. Got a 34 or 38 on that run. Still made it out of OKC alive.

As they say, "just dont suck".

Back
Top Bottom