Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ATCEXP-66595

Yah if they had big time radar experience. Wasn’t there a poster here that got a high level tracon, washed, and got sent to flight service?
Hello :) but I quit and went contract instead.

Just for more gee wiz information. I had N90, C90, F11, M98 (11 at the time) and a bunch of 8s or so. I had some goofy stuff happen with my training. The faa is completely different than DOD and that will be the only words of caution I'll give. Good luck with anything you get!

I have a friend that had lots of AF radar experience and he got multiple level 12 tracons

Edit: he had worked at eglin, this was the last prior exp bid. He just got his offer this summer.
Welp I worked out of Tyndall for quite awhile so hopefully that's enough....

Welp I worked out of Tyndall for quite awhile so hopefully that's enough....
Tyndall was 19 for total rapcon ops for FY19. Not sure if 53.6k ops a year is enough to grant you a high level tracon but ??‍♂️

Attachments

• 575A8E27-B435-402B-8ABC-A6DE58D39D42.png
    575A8E27-B435-402B-8ABC-A6DE58D39D42.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 137
Tyndall was 19 for total rapcon ops for FY19. Not sure if 53.6k ops a year is enough to grant you a high level tracon but ??‍♂️
I've been to 3 bases. All busy fighter bases.

But you do realize Tyndall got destroyed by a hurricane right? I worked there prior to my facility being wiped off the coast.

It's mostly the civilian's agenda. They all want GS-13 pay for working 1 departure and counting it 20 times. I've had too many arguments over it that I just gave up.

All I can do is hope my list is decent and I don't wash out. Getting bored sitting at home...

Hello :) but I quit and went contract instead.

Just for more gee wiz information. I had N90, C90, F11, M98 (11 at the time) and a bunch of 8s or so. I had some goofy stuff happen with my training. The faa is completely different than DOD and that will be the only words of caution I'll give. Good luck with anything you get!

What was your prior experience?

Before you get your hopes up this isn’t a MMPI post...lol.

Out of curiosity, for everyone that’s in the FAA reading this, have you ever seen a list where they had a Tracon facility on there or heard of a experienced bid hire go to a tracon off the bid?
I had A11, Y90, and U90 on my list along with a few up/downs and tower only and I wouldn’t rank my RAPCON in the top 5 busiest. *2019 bid

I knew a guy who was at a few different RAPCONs and ended up getting assigned C90. He had places like U90, JCF, A80, and more similar on his list. So if you have multiple busy places MAYBE. *2018 bid

And there was a guy from Nellis who had a list and the only RAPCON on there was P50 and he put it #1 obviously and didn’t get it. So basically no one knows for sure andeven if you’re offered a high level you still might not get it. *2019 bid, same bid as me.

EDIT: added what I think the FY was for the bids/scenario.

Man I’d love to go to C90! What type of bids were these? Did you have to be an FAA controller to get in or could you get in with prior military experience?
Have to already be in the FAA. Usually with those bids, it’s a paid move. Usually only see those types of bids at places that are in dire need of staffIng and people aren’t really coming in

Last edited:
Anyone heard any updates or rumors on when we can take the MMPI? Sent an inquiry last week and was told the FAA is still in a wait and see posture on the MMPI testing. Wonder how long this will drag on.

Anyone heard any updates or rumors on when we can take the MMPI? Sent an inquiry last week and was told the FAA is still in a wait and see posture on the MMPI testing. Wonder how long this will drag on.
COVID plus shutdown prospects, with the fight over the Supreme Court Vacancy I am not sure what the odds are of it carrying over into everything else.

Visitors are still not allowed in the facilities. All the employees aren't even allowed in the facilities yet. Its going to be awhile.

I just got an email saying MMPI has resumed. This was from a NJ facility.
I hope more follow soon. I just got an email from my MMPI rep (WA) saying she doesn't think anything will happen over here until 2021 with flu season coming up, and that was only just a guess. Anybody here lives in Florida and has heard anything from their rep? I know FL is pretty much back to normal in terms of business and what not.

I hope more follow soon. I just got an email from my MMPI rep (WA) saying she doesn't think anything will happen over here until 2021 with flu season coming up, and that was only just a guess. Anybody here lives in Florida and has heard anything from their rep? I know FL is pretty much back to normal in terms of business and what not.
I’m located in south Florida haven’t heard anything but I’m gonna reach out to a facility on Monday and see what they tell me

Back
Top Bottom