Kim's Place OKC

Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

Ztron

Is anyone else getting the business from medical? 10% disabled with tinnitus that doesn’t affect my hearing. I asked if I could get another audiology exam in place of my VA records, which aren’t estimated to be here for 3-6 months and were supposed to the very last thing I needed to be medically cleared. Must’ve been a dumb question because now my flight surgeon decided they want my entire determination letter and everything else I applied for, whether I received a rating or not, as well as the exam report from my tinnitus appointment. I had made a mistake on my preemployment worksheet that I thought I had resolved by sending a new revised one, but my power hungry, slow to respond medical rep decided she now wants a written and signed personal statement. Do your friends a favor and tell them not to say they’re disabled or plan on claiming any disabilities if they get picked up for a bid. My HR rep has been non-existent lately as well. I’ve cleared everything else. Good MMPI background check and physical.
you have to disclose your medical to your AME, just write the letter. Tell them why and how your tinnitus will not affect your ability to work.

Cjm11

Is anyone else getting the business from medical? 10% disabled with tinnitus that doesn’t affect my hearing. I asked if I could get another audiology exam in place of my VA records, which aren’t estimated to be here for 3-6 months and were supposed to the very last thing I needed to be medically cleared. Must’ve been a dumb question because now my flight surgeon decided they want my entire determination letter and everything else I applied for, whether I received a rating or not, as well as the exam report from my tinnitus appointment. I had made a mistake on my preemployment worksheet that I thought I had resolved by sending a new revised one, but my power hungry, slow to respond medical rep decided she now wants a written and signed personal statement. Do your friends a favor and tell them not to say they’re disabled or plan on claiming any disabilities if they get picked up for a bid. My HR rep has been non-existent lately as well. I’ve cleared everything else. Good MMPI background check and physical.
You definitely want to disclose any VA ratings you have. There were a few lawsuits years back when the FAA decided to do a cross check (which they are more than able to) and you’ll be in a mess if they see you lied. When I had my physical I sent the VA breakdown letter as they requested and my flight doc just asked if it was bad enough to effect my work or anything and I said no and that was the end of it. Sorry yours seems to have kind of turned into a mess.

Whiskey Tango

I ♥ pointSixtyFive
Anyone else still waiting on medical… been over 4 months now… anyone?
No notification of tier 2 or requests for more information, just that the flight doc is delayed due to covid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom