Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

Yep

Last email I have is from SM on August 24, 2021 saying "Your file has been forwarded for Tier 2 coordination. You will be notified when your case is ready to move forward.
To support our efforts in restarting the Tier 2 evaluation process, our focus is on coordinating evaluations. Your TOL or CIL letter date has no effect on this process. Cases are coordinated on a first in-first out basis. You should not expect updates until we contact you with evaluation coordination details."
Same. I got the notice on Sept. 14th. Let me know when you hear something if you think about it.

In the same boat as you bud. Same email received on 6 August, no reply or communication since. Not really expecting anything until springtime at the earliest.
Same here. I'm Sept 14th so let me know if you hear something, if you think about it.

They took a weird stance on training when they resumed a while back.
The training resumption plan that was sent out said that you can train on 50% of the positions you can normally train on. So if you have 6 positions that you could train on simultaneously, you can now hypothetically train on 3 of them simultaneously.
Except JCF went with: we have 6 trainees, we can only allow 3 of them to train. Once one certifies, we'll think about letting someone else re-enter training. (not sure of their exact trainee numbers.)
Sorta late response (?), but here is why:

The key verbiage was ‘normally’ train on. We normally only train on 3 positions: flight data/CD, En Route, and Approach. Inside of those there are numerous sectors, but we never, ever split them off (I literally mean never), except for one position on En Route we split off When it gets really busy. So we were technically only allowed to train 2 at one time because we only regularly train on 4 positions, at most. And at the time all the trainees were certified on data, so we couldn’t even train anyone there. There was a log jam on approach / en route.

Question: I applied on the 2019 Prior exp bid and have since gained more ATC experience at a couple contract towers. Is there anyway to add my new experience to my "resume" they have in hopes of getting a list with higher level facilities?

Question: I applied on the 2019 Prior exp bid and have since gained more ATC experience at a couple contract towers. Is there anyway to add my new experience to my "resume" they have in hopes of getting a list with higher level facilities?
Go through HR and they should send your updated credentials to the ATO for verification which will potentially get you higher facilities etc. They’ll most likely ask for your certification cards/records. But should be simple enough homie

Go through HR and they should send your updated credentials to the ATO for verification which will potentially get you higher facilities etc. They’ll most likely ask for your certification cards/records. But should be simple enough homie
HOw long do you have to be at said facility to get "credit" for that CTO? or is there even a time requirement?

HOw long do you have to be at said facility to get "credit" for that CTO? or is there even a time requirement?
They calculate it based on how long you’ve been there, there isn’t a “hold this for 6 months/1year” or we don’t recognize it. It’s all calculated off the time you have. 5 years is better than 1 year but 1 year still counts as long as you have it. I know some people that had certain cto’s or approach ratings for only a few months and it all was good when getting hired on.

They calculate it based on how long you’ve been there, there isn’t a “hold this for 6 months/1year” or we don’t recognize it. It’s all calculated off the time you have. 5 years is better than 1 year but 1 year still counts as long as you have it. I know some people that had certain cto’s or approach ratings for only a few months and it all was good when getting hired on.
That's interesting, I would think the FAA would try and screw me but I guess not. I was certified at a busy stateside FCT, but left to go chase money in the Middle East. Basically my buddies who stayed at the busy FCT will be given more credit towards their list; am I understanding that correctly? Do you know if my overseas towers count as well even though they dont issue CTO's?

*Glances at IWA*
Yeah... did a year there. Place took a piece of my soul lol

No FCT is going to make a difference for placement
overseas don’t count for anything
length of time is irrelevant outside of the initial application requirements
Addressing your first comment, some FCTs are weighted more heavily than others I believe. Airports with high traffic volume, intersecting runways, etc...

I was just confirming that since I'd only stayed a month or so after receiving my CTO, if it would still be weighted as heavily as my good buddy whos been there for 2 years.

Addressing your first comment, some FCTs are weighted more heavily than others I believe. Airports with high traffic volume, intersecting runways, etc...

I was just confirming that since I'd only stayed a month or so after receiving my CTO, if it would still be weighted as heavily as my good buddy whos been there for 2 years.
My rumour mill said that IWA was going FAA, the delay being there was no precedent, any comment?

My rumour mill said that IWA was going FAA, the delay being there was no precedent, any comment?
Nothing official, lots of hopes and wishes though. Until theres reason i dont think they will.

Optimistic take: The FAA & local government invested in a brand new Tower that should complete late next year with additional plans to expand the airport to bring in more airlines. Traffic count and complexity would lead one to believe the FAA has reason to take over once its completed. KIWA poised to become the next mini-sky harbor if phoenix keeps expanding.

Pessimistic take: New towers have been built before and the FAA didn't take over. There are little to no safety issues (;)) with current staffing and procedures that Serco has in place. All it would do is cost the federal government more money that they don't have to staff KIWA with government employees. If it aint broke don't fix it mentality.

Nothing official, lots of hopes and wishes though. Until theres reason i dont think they will.

Optimistic take: The FAA & local government invested in a brand new Tower that should complete late next year with additional plans to expand the airport to bring in more airlines. Traffic count and complexity would lead one to believe the FAA has reason to take over once its completed. KIWA poised to become the next mini-sky harbor if phoenix keeps expanding.

Pessimistic take: New towers have been built before and the FAA didn't take over. There are little to no safety issues (;)) with current staffing and procedures that Serco has in place. All it would do is cost the federal government more money that they don't have to staff KIWA with government employees. If it aint broke don't fix it mentality.
Are they authorised LUAW? Every contract tower I’ve known has never been allowed (something about liability).

Are they authorised LUAW? Every contract tower I’ve known has never been allowed (something about liability).
There's probably quite a few where it is also approved now. I know at CHD we also had LUAW, and it would have been miserable without it. A little bit before I left our ATM had to do tape talks specifically for LUAW for the FAA. So, I assume it's a lot more under the microscope at the contract towers it is approved at.

A little bit before I left our ATM had to do tape talks specifically for LUAW for the FAA.
Was this in the last six months? If so it was in response to SAN almost letting Skywest land on Delta who was sitting on the runway after LUAW.

Everyone had to do tape talks/over the shoulders specifically for LUAW.

Was this in the last six months? If so it was in response to SAN almost letting Skywest land on Delta who was sitting on the runway after LUAW.

Everyone had to do tape talks/over the shoulders specifically for LUAW.
Yep, it was only a few months ago that we had to do that. Gotcha, that makes sense then.. I thought it was just checking up to see if we knew how to do it properly for some unknown reason lol.

Back
Top Bottom