Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

Medical asked me for a liver function test lab panel, any idea as to why? Kind of freaking out and worried I might be tier 2'd for something random

Medical asked me for a liver function test lab panel, any idea as to why? Kind of freaking out and worried I might be tier 2'd for something random
I think that would be to check liver damage. From hepatitis, heavy drinking, or maybe a medication you’ve taken.

Interesting... did they send you a form specific to this?
Negative. On April 5 (before I ever went to AME) I got an email from medical stating “due to a review of the medical info you provided we need 1. your most recent detailed clinical progress note for gerd + eoe 2. Copy of most recent endoscopy.” This must’ve been during some sort of preliminary review before the flight surgeon puts eyes on the my medical package.

AME said everything is good, he’s not concerned about anything on April 18.

June 13 I got another email from the same lady at medical. This time stating: “ a review of your submitted docs reveals additional info is needed before flight surgeon can complete their evaluation. Please provide: 1. A signed and dated Personal Statement on the status of your gerd and eoe. 2. Va disability application & and c&p exams done OR a copy of va decision letter”.

I sent in va decision letter & I typed up a simple 1 page letter breaking down gerd & eoe conditions, symptoms, how they effect me, how I’m treating them etc. I also attached the USAF medical waiver I received to control with eoe diagnosis.

June 22 I received an email saying congratulations on completing your medical clearance & attached was a letter explaining this was a special consideration & will have to submit documentation annually describing my status of gerd, eoe, and TMJ. Weird that they never asked for anything regarding tmj but included it within the special consideration letter.

Last edited:
Negative. On April 5 (before I ever went to AME) I got an email from medical stating “due to a review of the medical info you provided we need 1. your most recent detailed clinical progress note for gerd + eoe 2. Copy of most recent endoscopy.” This must’ve been during some sort of preliminary review before the flight surgeon puts eyes on the my medical package.

AME said everything is good, he’s not concerned about anything on April 18.

June 13 I got another email from the same lady at medical. This time stating: “ a review of your submitted docs reveals additional info is needed before flight surgeon can complete their evaluation. Please provide: 1. A signed and dated Personal Statement on the status of your gerd and eoe. 2. Va disability application & and c&p exams done OR a copy of va decision letter”.

I sent in va decision letter & I typed up a simple 1 page letter breaking down gerd & eoe conditions, symptoms, how they effect me, how I’m treating them etc. I also attached the USAF medical waiver I received to control with eoe diagnosis.

June 22 I received an email saying congratulations on completing your medical clearance & attached was a letter explaining this was a special consideration & will have to submit documentation annually describing my status of gerd, eoe, and TMJ. Weird that they never asked for anything regarding tmj but included it within the special consideration letter.
Well that’s awesome that you got it all taken care of. My medical was on may 18th so I’m still in my 45 day window where I’m not supposed to ask for status update. Hoping to hear from them before then but it is what it is.

Well that’s awesome that you got it all taken care of. My medical was on may 18th so I’m still in my 45 day window where I’m not supposed to ask for status update. Hoping to hear from them before then but it is what it is.
If you don’t receive a list when majority of others do at the beginning of July, then email HR. That’s what I did for the beginning of June. My hr responds within a day or two, told me we were just waiting on medical. I expect to have a list with everyone else now, probably July 5-8

If you don’t receive a list when majority of others do at the beginning of July, then email HR. That’s what I did for the beginning of June. My hr responds within a day or two, told me we were just waiting on medical. I expect to have a list with everyone else now, probably July 5-8
I’m going to ask then that weekend is my 45 days

I’m going to ask then that weekend is my 45 da
Okay thanks. I’ve asked twice under the 45 days in regards to medical and they just tell me the same thing they tell everyone else. I submitted all medical requirements may 17th
I’m pretty sure they are just extremely understaffed for the work load they have. Which just makes a not great system even worse. I’m in the same boat as you, all you can do is wait and eventually it’ll get done.

Okay thanks. I’ve asked twice under the 45 days in regards to medical and they just tell me the same thing they tell everyone else. I submitted all medical requirements may 17th
And also you think this process is taking a while it took my friend 2 years off the street so there’s that.

I would just say to stay patient. More info is flowing. I received an email today for more information on medical and VA stuff. I have 30 days to provide everything they requested.

I would just say to stay patient. More info is flowing. I received an email today for more information on medical and VA stuff. I have 30 days to provide everything they requested.
I got the same email a few days ago, and I responded that I had completed it all. They said thanks! Then yesterday (June 24) I got this:

We have completed your medical clearance and I have notified HR as well. Congrats and good luck.

Idk if that means the flight surgeon has approved/cleared me, but it seems like things are moving.

I got the same email a few days ago, and I responded that I had completed it all. They said thanks! Then yesterday (June 24) I got this:

We have completed your medical clearance and I have notified HR as well. Congrats and good luck.

Idk if that means the flight surgeon has approved/cleared me, but it seems like things are moving.
Congrats! Sounds like it. What date did you finish all your medical stuff (exam, submitting needed documents, etc)?

Disability of 10% or more, fill out SF-15. 10 point veterans preference. Idk what exactly it does, but it’s gotta do something.
For those of you who've had to do ECG repeats, did you get it redone at the AME, or did you just got to a hospital?

Back
Top Bottom