Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

So update for my stuff. My drug test/ final CIL requirement was completed on the June 16. On June 24 I got an email saying this;

“We have completed your medical clearance and I have notified HR as well. Congrats and good luck.”

On 30 June, I got my list! Very quick turn around for me. Honestly, minus 2-3 locations, it’s a meh list IMO. Someone else got the exact same list as me too (they posted on AF ATC Past and Present). It makes me wonder if they really do consider prior exp bases to a certain degree. I have 4 towers and some radar positions but not full cert.

Attachments

• F96AC3FD-BE19-432C-9809-0EE3B78918E6.png
    F96AC3FD-BE19-432C-9809-0EE3B78918E6.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 4617002A-E4E1-4801-9E8B-EF0FB8FE2A69.png
    4617002A-E4E1-4801-9E8B-EF0FB8FE2A69.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 216
So update for my stuff. My drug test/ final CIL requirement was completed on the June 16. On June 24 I got an email saying this;

“We have completed your medical clearance and I have notified HR as well. Congrats and good luck.”

On 30 June, I got my list! Very quick turn around for me. Honestly, minus 2-3 locations, it’s a meh list IMO. Someone else got the exact same list as me too (they posted on AF ATC Past and Present). It makes me wonder if they really do consider prior exp bases to a certain degree. I have 4 towers and some radar positions but not full cert.
Did you submit your contract experience prior to bid close out?

They definitely do, ask anyone from places like Nellis or Grand Forks to show you their lists.

By any chance do you know how you got such a fast turn around? I finished my CIL and stuff April 5th and still waiting on medical.

No medical issues. I have 5.5 years of tower only experience in the Air Force
June 8th you said they responded, "Awaiting medical review." Did they ask for your military records or for you VA decision letter. They may be awaiting those items.

They definitely do, ask anyone from places like Nellis or Grand Forks to show you their lists.
I knew quite a few people from Nellis and they would have Nellis +1 RAPCON in S Korea and they had like most of the same as seen here and 2-3 lvl 8/9 TRACONs. The best I’ve seen was a similar list to what others have and they had P50 on there. They ranked P50 #1 and got like some small tower in TX that wasn’t even in their top 5 rankings.

So basically if you have the experience to get those rare 8/9/10s your chances are still a bit slim. I would just get in the FAA ASAP and put in for a transfer as soon as you CPC.

Back
Top Bottom