Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

Jeez!!!! Im mid June also and getting increasingly irritated at how slow the flight surgeon process is day to day.

HR and my med rep just keep saying everything is complete but medical is "pending flight surgeon review"

I've held a class 2 consitently for 12 years now, no issues ever. ZERO reason it should take this long for healthy individuals.
I’ve been told by an FAA ATM at a facility I want to go to that the flight surgeon that deals with prior experience applicants took a long vacation and of course no one filled that role so they are backed up. I have a 10% VA disability with all simple stuff that shouldn’t effect a decision. But I’m growing increasingly displeased with everyone’s lack of responding and computer typed responses basically telling me to shut up and be patient. I have a class 2 currently as well obviously that I think should be regarded when it comes to medical. But it seems it isn’t.

I’ve been told by an FAA ATM at a facility I want to go to that the flight surgeon that deals with prior experience applicants took a long vacation and of course no one filled that role so they are backed up. I have a 10% VA disability with all simple stuff that shouldn’t effect a decision. But I’m growing increasingly displeased with everyone’s lack of responding and computer typed responses basically telling me to shut up and be patient. I have a class 2 currently as well obviously that I think should be regarded when it comes to medical. But it seems it isn’t.
Was your class 2 directly from a military provider?

On the same boat. I completed all my stuff mid June and haven’t heard anything. I don’t want to write HR POC and bother them but damn! The anxiety is killing me lol
Mid June, bro I been waiting since mid April lol shits crazy. I’ve just accepted it, I glance at my email mid day just in case. I’m assuming I might have my list by this time 2025 lmao

Word on the street in the AF

word on the street is the AF hands out some hefty bonuses to retain ATC, any truth to that?
When I got out a few years ago they got rid of the bonus, I doubt they brought it back. Even at the height of the re-enlistment bonus it was at best maybe 95k bonus paid out over 6 years. So half or so up front then the rest over the rest of your contract. Not even worth it back then.

From what they said about the bonus back when I was in is they got rid of it because it was just paying people who were going to stay in anyways and never go FAA. So that was their effed up reasoning for getting rid of it. Lol

When I got out a few years ago they got rid of the bonus, I doubt they brought it back. Even at the height of the re-enlistment bonus it was at best maybe 95k bonus paid out over 6 years. So half or so up front then the rest over the rest of your contract. Not even worth it back then.

From what they said about the bonus back when I was in is they got rid of it because it was just paying people who were going to stay in anyways and never go FAA. So that was their effed up reasoning for getting rid of it. Lol
Last I saw was a 2.5 multiplier in 18 or 19 I think. After taxes it amounted to like 22k. It was laughable ?

Last I saw was a 2.5 multiplier in 18 or 19 I think. After taxes it amounted to like 22k. It was laughable ?
I was going thru ALS and our instructor was like what are your plans? Re-enlisting? Maybe they’ll bring the bonus back? And I was like none of that is worth it I can get a job in the FAA or contracting and make more in a year than I did in 6 with the AF and she was like but what if that fails?? And I was like then I’ll use my GI bill and figure it out from there. Been in the FAA for 2.5 years and omw to a facility I wouldn’t mind retiring at. Lol Look at me now SSgt. Johnson. ?

I was going thru ALS and our instructor was like what are your plans? Re-enlisting? Maybe they’ll bring the bonus back? And I was like none of that is worth it I can get a job in the FAA or contracting and make more in a year than I did in 6 with the AF and she was like but what if that fails?? And I was like then I’ll use my GI bill and figure it out from there. Been in the FAA for 2.5 years and omw to a facility I wouldn’t mind retiring at. Lol Look at me now SSgt. Johnson. ?
I was dumb and did 10. Got asked what I would do if they could pull the next stripe for me. I said, "Probably laugh and still say goodbye."

You're done with the BS when you're done.

Mid June, bro I been waiting since mid April lol shits crazy. I’ve just accepted it, I glance at my email mid day just in case. I’m assuming I might have my list by this time 2025 lmao
Same! Everything has been done with me since May. I think it’s okay to be impatient now lol

I don’t believe so. Should be the same exact process minus the involvement of the big mythical flight surgeon. With the DoD the AME just signs you off and you’re good.
The AME I saw for the FAA process had no issues with the items I reported, but the Flight Surgeon keeps requesting more and more info.
But if for the DoD they just take the AME’s word then I should have an easier time on that side.

The AME I saw for the FAA process had no issues with the items I reported, but the Flight Surgeon keeps requesting more and more info.
But if for the DoD they just take the AME’s word then I should have an easier time on that side.
Yep same. I was deployed to a burn pit so I had something on file with the VA for it but all my breathing tests came back totally fine and the AME was like “welp…okay cool you’re fine” and the flight surgeon wants all the details possible.

Any reply/update from medical? I cant get them to reply back at all, have sent emails and left voicemails and nadda.

Reached out to HR and they were able to tell me I cleared MMPI at least but medical is stuck at "Pending Review"
As of today, still nothing. Sucks sitting and waiting cause life feels like it's on hold. But am glad I am working at the moment.

As of today, still nothing. Sucks sitting and waiting cause life feels like it's on hold. But am glad I am working at the moment.
Same here. I am aware it's slow, so I haven't really expected anything back. Been a month since I've turned everything additional they asked for in.

I also reached out to ask if it's possible to add experience when considered for placement, since I've obtained another CTO since receiving a TOL. No response there either. ?

Back
Top Bottom