Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

how’s the contract process work? Is there a way to see openings?
Idk about other companies, but midwest has "immediate openings" listed on their website. You could also email them and tell what your looking for and ask what's available near there.

RVA will send you an email when you apply essentially saying, "Don't contact us to ask. We will keep your resumé for 2 years and let you know if we want you."

RVA emailed me a week after I got to my location with midwest(about 3 months after i applied). Too late for them at that point.

Last edited:
Just saw in another post about the FAA pausing all rehires in order to revise the reinstatement rules!? Anyone have any info on this?

Just saw in another post about the FAA pausing all rehires in order to revise the reinstatement rules!? Anyone have any info on this?
Was that post on here?

Also, the 57k applicants for new hire OTS bid could be part of slowing things down.

how’s the contract process work? Is there a way to see openings?
Serco 71 openings listed on the website.
Midwest has roughly the same but is trying to prioritize its critically man towers.
RVA let's you select 3 towers and submit an application that stays on file for a certain amount of time

Easy process overall no matter where you go, just need a CTO to start working

Got a reply today. All I'm waiting for is medical and then will receive a list. Sitting with the flight doc.
Same here. HR rep told me that she hasn’t receive my medical documents. I called and emailed the medical POC and no reply. Left a message as well

Got a reply today. All I'm waiting for is medical and then will receive a list. Sitting with the flight doc.
Is there a contact info for flight doc?

you can find phone numbers for flight docs on the FAA website if you search FAA flight surgeon and navigate a bit. But they don’t work. Mailboxes full, no answers. It’s a waste of time…much like this entire process

not worth your time and effort.

My FAA medical rep reached out to Flight surgeon for status update and it took two weeks for a reply that simply read…

“The Flight Surgeons work on Applicant cases when they have available time to do so. You’re on his list to get to. Your patience is appreciated.”

At this point I’m just trying my best to act like this whole process will take another 6 months, that way if it’s sooner I’ll be excited and won’t keep getting my feelings hurt each week I don’t have a list.

you can find phone numbers for flight docs on the FAA website if you search FAA flight surgeon and navigate a bit. But they don’t work. Mailboxes full, no answers. It’s a waste of time…much like this entire process
I mean, I wouldn't say the entire process is a waste. To each their own.

not worth your time and effort.

My FAA medical rep reached out to Flight surgeon for status update and it took two weeks for a reply that simply read…

“The Flight Surgeons work on Applicant cases when they have available time to do so. You’re on his list to get to. Your patience is appreciated.”

At this point I’m just trying my best to act like this whole process will take another 6 months, that way if it’s sooner I’ll be excited and won’t keep getting my feelings hurt each week I don’t have a list.
Medical rep finally responded. I was told that they are waiting in flight surgeon to review and complete my case. No date for completion at the moment.

Medical rep finally responded. I was told that they are waiting in flight surgeon to review and complete my case. No date for completion at the moment.
That's kind of where we all are. I was told 2 to 4 months for med clearance has been the average. However, I believe that's considering that everything they see for the particular person is "normal."

Back
Top Bottom