Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

Anybody else have their background check interview for security clearance yet? Just had mine last week, and curious on timeline afterward? I do know that not everyone has to have this interview, mainly just center positions, from what I understand.

Last edited:
Question about the previous experience bid coming out. The FAA posted under minimum requirements “Be age 35 or under (on the closing date of the application period)”

I thought there wasn’t an age requirement for previous experience, as long as you could still get to 20 years of service before age 56!? Anyone have any insight on this?
53373C63-8D2B-455D-BED0-3FF3FAC7F7A0.jpeg

Anybody else have their background check interview for security clearance yet? Just had mine last week, and curious on timeline afterward? I do know that not everyone has to have this interview, mainly just center positions, from what I understand.
Most of the people left over here are done with everything and have been waiting for months for med clearance. Today makes 2 months since I've had everything turned in and been given email acknowledgement of such.

Most of the people left over here are done with everything and have been waiting for months for med clearance. Today makes 2 months since I've had everything turned in and been given email acknowledgement of such.
Yeah, I thought I was done with everything back in May. But heard nothing and was told I was done with everything for months. Until last week…so just curious.

Question about the previous experience bid coming out. The FAA posted under minimum requirements “Be age 35 or under (on the closing date of the application period)”

I thought there wasn’t an age requirement for previous experience, as long as you could still get to 20 years of service before age 56!? Anyone have any insight on this?
View attachment 7977
I believe if you have already worked under a 2152 and can you get your 20 years before 56 you’ll be fine.

View attachment 7977
20 years in the agency. Also, if you look closely, there is an age restriction for the previous experience bid. It says, "Be age 35 or under (on the closing date of the application period.)

This medical clearance situation is wild.

Zero communication for 3+ months now outside of the generic “pending flight surgeon review” email.
Yeah, and if you call, they will just tell you the same thing. Last I was told is "average for med clearance is 2 to 4 months."

There's always been an age requirement.
Age is not a factor if previously a 2152 prior to aging out

No such thing.
Ok just to make sure I’m understanding this right. If I’m 39, was a 2152 for 10 years, and been out of the agency for 1 year, I am not eligible for this previous experience bid?

Back
Top Bottom