Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

I am a DOD GS 12 in California. Was my number 1 pick due to my current location. Was hoping for some information on the facility before I turn it down.
Pro: Short Training time to CPC (0.88yr) and almost 90% success rate so youll hit CPC pay quick (after CIP should be 118kyr)

Cons: You're gonna pay 400k for a double wide trailer in San Jose. Electric is through PGE which peak rate is $0.41KwH (expected to go up again next year), National Average is $0.14KwH

Cost of living will eat you alive and projected to target is 81.5% right now which means you arent leaving any time soon once you CPC.

I dont see any benefit to accepting it if you are already DOD GS12 in an area you dont mind.

Woah so there’s hope for me. How long ago did you complete your physical?
I completed everything in May then had to provide additional info in June and have been waiting since.

Same. Hopefully that means it'll start trickling down. I've been in queue a hot minute
Hope everyone starts to hear something soon, I really thought I wasn't going to hear back for a lot longer but last night I caught a break.

I completed everything in May then had to provide additional info in June and have been waiting since.

Hope everyone starts to hear something soon, I really thought I wasn't going to hear back for a lot longer but last night I caught a break.
Same, except I turned in my additional stuff first week of July, so if I'm lucky, I'm about a month behind you in queue.

Share the list when you get it?

Every body has different plans. Majority of my family and my wife's family lives in NW Arkansas and near KC area. Not everyone has to go to a 12 or be in FL to be happy.
You're absolutely entitled to your own opinion. That being said, if your "dream" is to simply be in that location, I'd look ar DoD as well for similar money. None of the locations you want are inherently bad by any means. Just one of the first times I've seen someone "dream" of less than a 9 I suppose. Hope you get your dream facility right off the rip! As I do everyone.

You're absolutely entitled to your own opinion. That being said, if your "dream" is to simply be in that location, I'd look ar DoD as well for similar money. None of the locations you want are inherently bad by any means. Just one of the first times I've seen someone "dream" of less than a 9 I suppose. Hope you get your dream facility right off the rip! As I do everyone.
Yeah, believe me, I constantly have an eye out DoD gigs out there. ZKC is out there, so there is ability to go higher than 9, just all about getting picked up first, then deciding if one wants to be center and all. Those areas I'm particular to all have decent cost of living as well, so I guess that's why I don't see a 9+ as a must.

Back
Top Bottom