Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

Serco going to move a hole lot faster and probably have you in a desirable location compared to the FAA. But them government benefits and pay ain’t no joke ??‍♂️
The pay for serco is a joke. It was just like a back up plan in case the faa was taking too long. Just curious with the people here who have more experience in the matter would say it's reasonable to have a location by July or August. Even if it isn't like a start date

The pay for serco is a joke. It was just like a back up plan in case the faa was taking too long. Just curious with the people here who have more experience in the matter would say it's reasonable to have a location by July or August. Even if it isn't like a start date
Advice from someone who did the opposite. I got out of the military and didn't take one of the multiple ATC contract jobs i was offered. I ran into hiccup after hiccup during the hiring for the FAA, two and a half years later i finally have a start date. If its not a big move or if you can afford to move twice, i would take the serco job until you have a start date. Still have an income, staying sharp and probably will earn another CTO by the time the FAA calls.

Advice from someone who did the opposite. I got out of the military and didn't take one of the multiple ATC contract jobs i was offered. I ran into hiccup after hiccup during the hiring for the FAA, two and a half years later i finally have a start date. If its not a big move or if you can afford to move twice, i would take the serco job until you have a start date. Still have an income, staying sharp and probably will earn another CTO by the time the FAA calls.
What was your wait time from the date you fully completed your cil and your eventual start date?

I worked for Midwest, pay was fine. At a 5 now and not much of a difference.
Yea it would probably be about the same pay as a 5. I would prefer to go to the a 6. 7 max to start out that's of course if they are willing to offer me those but yeah just trying to realistically see how long the current timeline would be from cil to facility to Start date. I haven't had any hiccups on the cil they are just processing.

What was your wait time from the date you fully completed your cil and your eventual start date?
I had to go through the whole tier 2 process so that was a pain. After i completed everything i could have started in less than 2 months, but i asked to push it off for a while and they approved that. I applied in Sept 2019, finished Jan of 2022 and i could have started the beginning or March but i opted for August.

I just separated and did a DITY move. The military pays you for all that. I just started at my contract job, and I personally love it. I'm learning so much about GA, and I think it will he a huge help for the FAA. Never know how long the FAA process can take. Might as well get some more experience and continue to get paid.

I just separated and did a DITY move. The military pays you for all that. I just started at my contract job, and I personally love it. I'm learning so much about GA, and I think it will he a huge help for the FAA. Never know how long the FAA process can take. Might as well get some more experience and continue to get paid.
what's to learn? aren't they all just "light civils"?

Hey everyone

So I’m completely new to all of this and I’ve got a TOL to CHS. My home state is Colorado and sooner rather than later I’d like to be closer to home. Can you trade TOL’s?

If so, if anyone out there has a Colorado TOL or somewhere in that region and they are interested in looking into a TOL swap. Hit me up.

If not, I guess I’ll just get Rekt

Go Avs!

Hey everyone

So I’m completely new to all of this and I’ve got a TOL to CHS. My home state is Colorado and sooner rather than later I’d like to be closer to home. Can you trade TOL’s?

If so, if anyone out there has a Colorado TOL or somewhere in that region and they are interested in looking into a TOL swap. Hit me up.

Go Avs!

I’m not completely sure if it’s within the interest of the FAA to set a precedent of approving something like this. I’ve personally never seen something like this happen, but I have a buddy who says he has. Might as well ask HR, all they can say is no.

Hey everyone

Go Avs!
Lol no, you can't swap TOLs.

Hey everyone

Go Avs!
You'll love CHS

Hey everyone

Go Avs!
When did you get offered CHS?

Back
Top Bottom