Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

I got an email today from medical requesting more information on conditions I already have waivers for through the Navy. All you ever hear are horror stories about how any hiccup means death by waiting. Anyone have any insight into how screwed I might or might not be? I sent everything off within hours of the request but after finally finishing my preemployment requirements last week I guess I’m feeling a little disappointed.

I got an email today from medical requesting more information on conditions I already have waivers for through the Navy. All you ever hear are horror stories about how any hiccup means death by waiting. Anyone have any insight into how screwed I might or might not be? I sent everything off within hours of the request but after finally finishing my preemployment requirements last week I guess I’m feeling a little disappointed.
Medical previously required me to get a CSR (current status report) for injuries I’m drawing disability for (knee and shoulder surgeries as well as back issues). I tried to get my flight doc to sign off on it but medical wouldn’t buy what I was selling. Made me go to a physical therapist and actually perform all sorts of lifting tests and stuff. Cost me like $750 out of pocket. All in all it didn’t delay me any more than standard iirc.

Medical previously required me to get a CSR (current status report) for injuries I’m drawing disability for (knee and shoulder surgeries as well as back issues). I tried to get my flight doc to sign off on it but medical wouldn’t buy what I was selling. Made me go to a physical therapist and actually perform all sorts of lifting tests and stuff. Cost me like $750 out of pocket. All in all it didn’t delay me any more than standard iirc.
That makes me feel a little better, thanks. It’s literally for heartburn (which I’ve had and has been managed for years) and an allergy (which I carry an epipen for and have had for life) so I just sent my NAMI waivers and am hoping for the best. ?

That makes me feel a little better, thanks. It’s literally for heartburn (which I’ve had and has been managed for years) and an allergy (which I carry an epipen for and have had for life) so I just sent my NAMI waivers and am hoping for the best. ?
That’s wild. I included my CSR in my application hoping to circumvent the request and associated issues altogether. So far, no questioning. They did however get on to me for apparently selecting “no” to one question one time on my flight physical that asked if I was receiving disability from the gov. I’ve had like 10 flight physicals and they question the one time I said no like I was intentionally dodging the question ? they said it could be grounds for removal from the application process and could be pushed up higher for lying while applying to a gov job. Simmer down now.

That’s wild. I included my CSR in my application hoping to circumvent the request and associated issues altogether. So far, no questioning. They did however get on to me for apparently selecting “no” to one question one time on my flight physical that asked if I was receiving disability from the gov. I’ve had like 10 flight physicals and they question the one time I said no like I was intentionally dodging the question ? they said it could be grounds for removal from the application process and could be pushed up higher for lying while applying to a gov job. Simmer down now.
Was that from this bid?

I got flagged for VA stuff. They didn't seem to have a problem with that, but they didn't like my EKG. Seems like luck of the draw. I did the EKG retake with perfect results and returned a week after they requested a retake. 5 months later they told me they wanted me to see a cardiologist with stress test eval, all out of pocket. I see cardio this Friday.

I am currently doing my separation physical for the navy this week and was on the fence about disability. Is it worth having if it's just 10-30 percent? I am already medically cleared so would claiming disability be something that reopens my medical clearance? I am just talking myself out of it at this point, not worth the stress lol

JCF is on Edwards AFB. I think Rosamond is the closest city. It’s not too pricey. I have a buddy who’s there and he lives in Rosamond. But as mentioned above, the staffing isn’t good and trying to get a tour isn’t a bad idea
Had a union rep try to set up a fam tour for other trainees there recently and they couldn’t make it happen because they just had a couple people quit. Lol not exactly sure why but I guess being a level 8 means they can jump ship to a DOD gig and not take a pay cut then reapply on a prior experience bid.

I am currently doing my separation physical for the navy this week and was on the fence about disability. Is it worth having if it's just 10-30 percent? I am already medically cleared so would claiming disability be something that reopens my medical clearance? I am just talking myself out of it at this point, not worth the stress lol
I'm also curious about that. I have my sep physical on Friday.
Simmer down indeed. Seems like a ridiculous reason to be up in arms about! lol

I'm also curious about that. I have my sep physical on Friday.
I would wait until you're hired. If you apply for VA within 12 months of leaving service they back pay you anyway. I waited 11 months and woke up one morning with about 15k waiting on me. You should also report it to your flight doc once it's approved.

intent to file at minimum. it'll give a date to backpay. if it's physical and there's no medication you'll be fine. (bum knee,shoulder, etc) anything else is sketchy. But bdd is nice but at minimum highly recommended an intent to file.

intent to file at minimum. it'll give a date to backpay. if it's physical and there's no medication you'll be fine. (bum knee,shoulder, etc) anything else is sketchy. But bdd is nice but at minimum highly recommended an intent to file.
I mean, I might. I go to the chiropractor about twice a month for adjustments from working out. I have heard this is something I could technically claim.

I mean, I might. I go to the chiropractor about twice a month for adjustments from working out. I have heard this is something I could technically claim.
most definitely. got 50% for bilateral flat feet/plantar fasciitis(foot pain) from playing basketball while I was in. highly recommended you download/save your med files somewhere easy to acess for when your out. it's much harder to acess once you separate. gl

I also got an email today. I have some VA disabilities, and asked them to clarify what they wanted. Basically the same thing RT said. They want me to go to a doctor and have them evaluate the current status of my disabilities.

I wouldn't be too worried. I have a friend I served with that took and still takes heartburn medication before and during the FAA. They're just making absolutely sure you're healthy enough for the job.

I also got an email today. I have some VA disabilities, and asked them to clarify what they wanted. Basically the same thing RT said. They want me to go to a doctor and have them evaluate the current status of my disabilities.

I wouldn't be too worried. I have a friend I served with that took and still takes heartburn medication before and during the FAA. They're just making absolutely sure you're healthy enough for the job.
It was pretty simple. More inconvenient to have to figure out how to get an appointment with my one off day being Sunday and working 10 hours every other day. The exam was a breeze. Squat down, pick something up and set it on a shelf. Walk on a treadmill for like 10 minutes. Hold something out in front of you and lift it above your head. Just basic ROM stuff.

Finished MMPI/Flight Physical around 20 December and haven’t heard anything since then. How long would you guys wait before reaching out on a status update?

Finished MMPI/Flight Physical around 20 December and haven’t heard anything since then. How long would you guys wait before reaching out on a status update?
I’d give it a month then start asking. Took me 4 months to get medically cleared. Expect a 4-6 month wait for your med clearance, that seems to be the norm unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom