Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

I have a theory when it comes to what they offer. I knew a guy that had RCA approach only go to A80. I also knew someone with eglin and nellis that got 7s and below.

My theory is that if all they have to offer at the moment is 7 and below that's what everyone gets. If for some reason they decided some prior slots need to go to lvl 8 and above, then I think they just take the experience of whoever they're giving a list for that round and rank them. Top 5 or whatever they decide will get the 8s and above.

She also never mentioned anything about my security clearance. I have a secret clearance from USMC but FAA still had me do fingerprints and NBIS (different than eqip?). I just figured it was because my last background check for my clearance was old (June 2017). Anyone have any insight on that? I know clearances don't transfer between departments, but more on why they had me fill out my background check through NBIS and not eqip?
Same rep and a similar situation, however my most recent security clearance was completed in April of this year. They used it for this clearance. My understanding of the reciprocity laws is if the previous investigation was within the last 12 months they can use it for your new clearance. Yours being over 5 years old it makes sense they'd have you go through it again. She didn't provide me with any of this info, I got it directly from the security office after reaching out for not recieving any instructions on completing security.

I have a theory when it comes to what they offer. I knew a guy that had RCA approach only go to A80. I also knew someone with eglin and nellis that got 7s and below.

My theory is that if all they have to offer at the moment is 7 and below that's what everyone gets. If for some reason they decided some prior slots need to go to lvl 8 and above, then I think they just take the experience of whoever they're giving a list for that round and rank them. Top 5 or whatever they decide will get the 8s and above.
No need to theorize any longer, your saving grace is here to provide you with the Previous Experience Placement SOP.

Attachments

• SOP Previous Experience Placement FY 15 Signed Final 4.pdf
    460 KB · Views: 127
You don't have to believe the A80 thing if you don't want lol he still works there. RCA does 60k ops a year at best.
I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, nor am I believing or not believing what you’re saying. You theorized how placement was decided and I simply provided the SOP that debunks your theory is all.

That being said, I personally know more than a handful of people who have been hired at facilities [they did or didn’t qualify for] by name.

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, nor am I believing or not believing what you’re saying. You theorized how placement was decided and I simply provided the SOP that debunks your theory is all.

That being said, I personally know more than a handful of people who have been hired at facilities [they did or didn’t qualify for] by name.
That's all I'm saying. They have a reg, but they use it more like a guideline than a rulebook.

Hoping the HR gods will bless us this round.

Just got a call with an offer for JCF. Haven't gotten a list yet but curious if anyone had any thoughts on the facility? He said it'd be the only level 8 I'd be offered since I'm cleared for up to 7, but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy living in California. Hoping this means list coming soon?
Just request a list just like everyone else. JCF will most likely be on there for you anyways. And if you don’t like that they give you after your rank the list since JCF is hurting for anyone with a heartbeat then request it as a last ditch thing. Lol
I mean, a combined control facility on an Air Force base sounds pretty cool. Lvl 8 out the gate is a sweet offer too. Locality is 33% and above 80% success rate. Maybe try and find someone working there and pick their brain
I’ve toured JCF and while it isn’t the worst facility in the NAS or in the bottom 25%, everyone there is looking to transfer and if you aren’t cool with being in Rosamond for 5+ years at least then don’t take it.

“mOsT cOmPLeX FaCiLiTy iN tHe NaVy” which is an evals way of saying “we’re sandwiched between Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria and neither like us or our jets very much”.

Thanks, you too!
Jaja, I got that. Worked at the AF equivalent, which was sandwiched by Atlanta and Memphis Centers. You have a PAR over there? Never controlled one of those approaches, despite having made one before.

Side note, nice Lux icon! Did not expect to see my one-trick here!

Everything aside, I just finished my good ol' E-QIP forms. I was supposed to take my MMPI test in a few days, but I think the computer knew I was going and committed seppuku. Gotta get it rescheduled. I dropped the 'I'm separating' bomb on my boss today, and he was... surprisingly pleased for me, which went better than expected!

Edit to contribute to the recent posts: Had a lot of old friends and coworkers get out from CBM. One got S56 [Salt Lake City TRACON], one got T75 [St. Louis TRACON], one got STL [St. Louis Tower], and one got CHS [Charleston Up/Down]. Some older ones got Dallas Center, Dallas Approach, Memphis Center, and Memphis Approach - but I think it was years before some supposed recent change.

That's all I'm saying. They have a reg, but they use it more like a guideline than a rulebook.

Hoping the HR gods will bless us this round.
there's refinement of the input criteria over the years and adjustments made on prevailing conditions. ft hood radio was considered qualified experience to be placed at d10 not that long ago.

Jaja, I got that. Worked at the AF equivalent, which was sandwiched by Atlanta and Memphis Centers. You have a PAR over there? Never controlled one of those approaches, despite having made one before.

Side note, nice Lux icon! Did not expect to see my one-trick here!

Everything aside, I just finished my good ol' E-QIP forms. I was supposed to take my MMPI test in a few days, but I think the computer knew I was going and committed seppuku. Gotta get it rescheduled. I dropped the 'I'm separating' bomb on my boss today, and he was... surprisingly pleased for me, which went better than expected!

Edit to contribute to the recent posts: Had a lot of old friends and coworkers get out from CBM. One got S56 [Salt Lake City TRACON], one got T75 [St. Louis TRACON], one got STL [St. Louis Tower], and one got CHS [Charleston Up/Down]. Some older ones got Dallas Center, Dallas Approach, Memphis Center, and Memphis Approach - but I think it was years before some supposed recent change.
We have PAR. We recently upgraded from the FPN-63 to the 68 and it's been an experience.

I don't play much League anymore because I hate myself and I'm back to WoW these days. I do miss carrying in mid though. ;) Congrats on your sep being taken well and things moving along (even with MMPI2 getting rescheduled)!

Is anyone here active duty thinking about reserves/in the reserves already?

We have PAR. We recently upgraded from the FPN-63 to the 68 and it's been an experience.

I don't play much League anymore because I hate myself and I'm back to WoW these days. I do miss carrying in mid though. ;) Congrats on your sep being taken well and things moving along (even with MMPI2 getting rescheduled)!
68 is the worst

Is anyone here active duty thinking about reserves/in the reserves already?
It has its benefits but I am just tryna buy back my military time instead of hitting the reserves. When I get out of the military, I don't want to be reminded of it every month lol

68 is the worst
It’s the most janky system in the world. I would gladly servo all day over that piece of junk.
It has its benefits but I am just tryna buy back my military time instead of hitting the reserves. When I get out of the military, I don't want to be reminded of it every month lol
I just talked to the reserve recruiter at my base this morning and she’s low key convincing me. I’m sure there’s a thread on here with info on how it goes with the FAA at large. If I didn’t have a wife and kid I’m not sure it would be worth it but the TRICARE alone is a selling point. lol The bonus doesn’t hurt either.

It’s the most janky system in the world. I would gladly servo all day over that piece of junk.

I just talked to the reserve recruiter at my base this morning and she’s low key convincing me. I’m sure there’s a thread on here with info on how it goes with the FAA at large. If I didn’t have a wife and kid I’m not sure it would be worth it but the TRICARE alone is a selling point. lol The bonus doesn’t hurt either.
Those are valid points, there are good benefits no matter what you choose

Can't use TRICARE while in the FAA or employed by the Federal government. You should look at the guard too as some units don't make you report each month but only 4 times a year and some pay for your travel to and from drill weekend. With bonuses for the guard, I think the only guard squadron with an enlistment bonus is the South Carolina unit ($20,000). I can answer other questions abtthe guard if you have any

Like above, you cant use tricare (unless its retirement tricare) as a government employee.

Thanks I'm definitely excited with the offer, just not sure with cost of living in California. Also sucks to try to make a decision without knowing my other options. I was surprised about the level 8 too. I just have 4 years radar only experience with the military.
JCF is on Edwards AFB. I think Rosamond is the closest city. It’s not too pricey. I have a buddy who’s there and he lives in Rosamond. But as mentioned above, the staffing isn’t good and trying to get a tour isn’t a bad idea

Can't use TRICARE while in the FAA or employed by the Federal government. You should look at the guard too as some units don't make you report each month but only 4 times a year and some pay for your travel to and from drill weekend. With bonuses for the guard, I think the only guard squadron with an enlistment bonus is the South Carolina unit ($20,000). I can answer other questions abtthe guard if you have any
Like above, you cant use tricare (unless its retirement tricare) as a government employee.
Thanks guys, I had no idea. Back to the pros/cons drawing board!

Can TRICARE be used as a secondary insurance?

Back
Top Bottom