Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

Just so I am understanding the email correctly. Since placement is on Wednesday, will I find out my facility Wednesday or is it usually the day after?

Just so I am understanding the email correctly. Since placement is on Wednesday, will I find out my facility Wednesday or is it usually the day after?
the last group got their list on thursday and then found out where they were going the following thursday

the last group got their list on thursday and then found out where they were going the following thursday
Yeah, I saw that as well. Was just curious because it shows placement day for this Wednesday, but was thinking we won’t find out until Thursday. Not that it makes much of a difference, it’s only 1 day apart lol.

Yeah, I saw that as well. Was just curious because it shows placement day for this Wednesday, but was thinking we won’t find out until Thursday. Not that it makes much of a difference, it’s only 1 day apart lol.
I’m trying not to overthink it, if they say placement day is Wednesday, then it’s Wednesday. But again, government.

Y'all think it would be cool or not to apply to this prior exp bid coming out Thursday? Like say you do, then in a month or two we get a list, then say we reject it, wouldn't that just get us another shot at a list if this one is bad? I hope I articulated the thought well enough there. Just wondering if anyone has done it as a backup in case this bid didn't go well

Like for this September bid we get a list, don't like it or something happens, reject the offer. Then we would already be in another hiring bid with all of our clearances active still. Then we theoretically would receive another list for the February bid.

Y'all think it would be cool or not to apply to this prior exp bid coming out Thursday? Like say you do, then in a month or two we get a list, then say we reject it, wouldn't that just get us another shot at a list if this one is bad? I hope I articulated the thought well enough there. Just wondering if anyone has done it as a backup in case this bid didn't go well
If you’re fully cleared for a list on this bid, go for it. I did this previously but my medical took a little longer than expected and they just sent me an email saying they were rescinding my offer for the second bid because I was actively in the first. I then applied to the following bid and got a list from it (after turning down the first list). The benefit is you’ll get a list almost immediately the second go around because all of your stuff is still current.

If you’re fully cleared for a list on this bid, go for it. I did this previously but my medical took a little longer than expected and they just sent me an email saying they were rescinding my offer for the second bid because I was actively in the first. I then applied to the following bid and got a list from it (after turning down the first list). The benefit is you’ll get a list almost immediately the second go around because all of your stuff is still current.
Okay, I figured with timing and everything it would be a good fail safe in case you got somewhere like Nantucket ?

From application to referral is like a month and some change usually so as long as a list comes before that we would be good eh?

Okay, I figured with timing and everything it would be a good fail safe in case you got somewhere like Nantucket ?

From application to referral is like a month and some change usually so as long as a list comes before that we would be good eh?
I mean in theory it could come almost immediately after getting your TOL. I can’t remember the timeline when I did it… it was back in 2019 and I don’t have access to that email address anymore. Frankly, I had forgotten I applied and was in the process of moving when I got an email with a list ?

It’s possible, quite a few people I know personally and have seen on here have turned down placement. None of them were black listed or anything just have to get like a drug test refresher and maybe few other things. The only thing is you will start your seniority later if the time between bids are longer or if you do it a few times and seniority CAN mean alot for RDOs and bidding annual leave.

I was lucky to get in to a facility in the region I wanted to be at for my first facility and then transfer to my retirement facility quickly versus friends who denied placement and waited for their dream facility. Wanting their dream facility turned into wanting just their dream state then dream region then it became just not CA/NY facilities. Lol it’s up to you Just don’t expect much.

There’s another bid coming out this week??

Back
Top Bottom