Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

If you’re fully cleared for a list on this bid, go for it. I did this previously but my medical took a little longer than expected and they just sent me an email saying they were rescinding my offer for the second bid because I was actively in the first. I then applied to the following bid and got a list from it (after turning down the first list). The benefit is you’ll get a list almost immediately the second go around because all of your stuff is still current.
So I'm assuming this is what would happen to me? Still awaiting med from January bid.

I know its probably a long shot, but does anyone in our thread know people or anyone that works at AFW? I'm trying to just get an idea of the facility.

Y'all think it would be cool or not to apply to this prior exp bid coming out Thursday? Like say you do, then in a month or two we get a list, then say we reject it, wouldn't that just get us another shot at a list if this one is bad? I hope I articulated the thought well enough there. Just wondering if anyone has done it as a backup in case this bid didn't go well

Like for this September bid we get a list, don't like it or something happens, reject the offer. Then we would already be in another hiring bid with all of our clearances active still. Then we theoretically would receive another list for the February bid.
Well if my placement is tomorrow/Thursday and if it’s in East Bumblefuk, lord knows I will be playing the hurry up and wait game again.

Last edited:
have you considered calling the tower?
Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

There is nothing even In my top 10 on that list ?
That's crazy considering it seems like they're going out of there way to send people to places that are already well staffed while there's tons of places projected below 80%. Meanwhile they're sending someone another person to AFW when they're already staffed at 94% projected.

That's crazy considering it seems like they're going out of there way to send people to places that are already well staffed while there's tons of places projected below 80%. Meanwhile they're sending someone another person to AFW when they're already staffed at 94% projected.
Yeah definitely a rough look of placements to look at for my situation, but It is what it is.

Sounds like I need to call my HR rep and ensure I'm squared and everything is just waiting from here on out! :)

Back
Top Bottom