Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

Well, I tried to apply the survey... But I am getting a "We're Sorry" message! What gives?! :( Anyone ran through this before? This isn't some... horror 'can't do my list' event that I have to call HR about, is it?
Edit: Tried on PC and cellphone browsers; save error for both. Never did my list or touched the survey until today.

Edit #2: Apparently the Survey Monkey Link is not really... stable. Jajaja. Scared the Jesus out of me.

Edit #3: I went TYS, SDF, CVG, BHM, and MKE as top 5; it's all in HR's hands now!

Last edited:
A bit vague, since I don't think anyone saw this. There were 2 separate lists floating around. If I had to guess, I would pick you got the 5-7 level facilities? If your end goal is Pensacola and you have a CTO, pick a 90%+ staffed tower and play the game. That seems to be the best bet from what I have read if you are trying to leave. Tower check-out times are always quicker than up/downs.
From what I saw there were some 100% staffed/projected towers on that list, which seems pretty crazy. In the end, pick a spot you are somewhat okay with, but if you want to move, check current and projected staffing levels.
You still have to be there for 3 years before you can transfer right?

I got the same list. Anyone know any facilities to avoid on the list? I'm looking to get near Pensacola as soon as I can to be near family so any info on a "quick" turnaround choice would be very helpful as well.
Pick the most staffed and most desirable facility. If its desirable or at least the most desirable one you were offered, it'll likely have the best turnaround rate. Don't pick an up/down that you don't wanna stay at because the training process takes forever compared to straight tower. Check the ERR Demand List to find out which are the most desirable and which ones are the black holes that you'll be stuck at.

But even then, regardless of what you rank #1 you might that get that shit. I don't know anyone that got their first choice. I got my #2 and thats the closest Ive heard of between my old coworkers.

Last edited:
Pick the most staffed and most desirable facility. If its desirable or at least the most desirable one you were offered, it'll likely have the best turnaround rate. Don't pick an up/down that you don't wanna stay at because the training process takes forever compared to straight tower. Check the ERR Demand List to find out which are the most desirable and which ones are the black ones that you'll be stuck at.

But even then, regardless of what you rank #1 you might that get that shit. I don't know anyone that got their first choice. I got my #2 and thats the closest Ive heard of between my old coworkers.
Yeah I hadn't looked at the ERR Demand List as I have no idea how, but I checked training times/staffing on atc123 (not sure how accurate it is). I think I at least got my top 5 in a good order. Not many ideal spots for me but I guess we'll see what the HR RNG gods have in store ?

Does anyone chuckle to themselves whenever a list comes out with lvl 9's and 10's alongside like a 4? Like, "oh I wonder what they will choose?"

They are letting people go... That average training time is raising some eyebrows though. Almost 2 years for a 4 tower?
Don’t think they’ve had many trainees since they lost their radar. Most of that is probably skewed from training when they were a up/down. 2 years is still seems like a lot for a 5up/down tho.

FXE, PDK, LOU as my top 3. Really hoping for FXE its an hour from my home town and I love the area but ill be happy with any of these 3
PDK, FXE, LOU for me lol. I'm from the Feb. 2021 experience bid though, so I'm hoping that oldest security clearance gets first pick thing is true.
Was scrolling back to check something and saw you guys had the same top 3 in slightly different order haha. Can't wait to see how this plays out today!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom