Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

Did you have a DoD job before the FAA? Someone else can chime in that knows way more about the starting pay than I do, but I just assumed all prior military guys started at the lowest D band.
I guess he's saying that we do but the top of the lowest pay band. Which is dope if that's true.

I guess he's saying that we do but the top of the lowest pay band. Which is dope if that's true.
I didn’t, I signed my FOL and it started me at the lowest D band, however it might be different per facility, since my facility has 3 D bands and some have 1-2.

Did you have a DoD job before the FAA? Someone else can chime in that knows way more about the starting pay than I do, but I just assumed all prior military guys started at the lowest D band.
Nope, just unemployed. Level 7 that only had D2 and D3. I haven’t looked at the actual regs or anything I only knew about starting at the D pay bands from friends that got in before me. Never saw anything written.

Nope, just unemployed. Level 7 that only had D2 and D3. I haven’t looked at the actual regs or anything I only knew about starting at the D pay bands from friends that got in before me. Never saw anything written.
My HR told me “*Pay set IAW NATCA CBA Article 108, Section 5, Paragraph D AT LOWEST DEVELOPMENTAL LVL FOR ASSIGNED FAC.”

Not sure what would make anyone start at the top of the pay band, since it never really addresses where in the lowest D band we start.

CBA79170-E28F-47FB-A2A4-E96C3F8FFB3B.png

I havent been able to get in contact with anyone over at medical. I found out I'm still waiting on my medical clearance as of a week and a half ago. I'm hoping I'm cleared now but aviation careers hasnt called me back and given me the official word yet. Did my medical Jun 2021, cleared tier-2 Jan 2023, drug test Feb 9, 2023. If anyone has any contacts in great lakes medical that can see what's taking a while, it would be appreciated. Idk whether or not I should be holding my breath for a list tonight.

I havent been able to get in contact with anyone over at medical. I found out I'm still waiting on my medical clearance as of a week and a half ago. I'm hoping I'm cleared now but aviation careers hasnt called me back and given me the official word yet. Did my medical Jun 2021, cleared tier-2 Jan 2023, drug test Feb 9, 2023. If anyone has any contacts in great lakes medical that can see what's taking a while, it would be appreciated. Idk whether or not I should be holding my breath for a list tonight.
I'm northwest region, I was never actually able to get a hold of anyone for medical. Eventually I called HR and they told me it cleared. My next step would have been to email the contact that asked for my VA disability info.

I don't really get why so many contacts in the hiring process don't answer their phone or respond to email/voicemail. I wish I could just ignore all the GA aircraft on ground calling for taxi that'd be pretty dope.

I'm northwest region, I was never actually able to get a hold of anyone for medical. Eventually I called HR and they told me it cleared. My next step would have been to email the contact that asked for my VA disability info.

I don't really get why so many contacts in the hiring process don't answer their phone or respond to email/voicemail. I wish I could just ignore all the GA aircraft on ground calling for taxi that'd be pretty dope.
To make matters more frustrating, I don't have any VA disability claim, and I hold a class 2 for my fct. I would think it'd be a simple quick deal.

Edit: Aviation Careers just called, and I am pending facility assignment. Disregard all my bitching about medical.

Last edited:
We gotta be the last people waiting on a list lol. Next bid is probably going to get their CILs started which indicates this bid coming to a close soon.

We gotta be the last people waiting on a list lol. Next bid is probably going to get their CILs started which indicates this bid coming to a close soon.
I may be mistaken, but I don't think they got TOLs yet. Our bid moved insanely quick. Getting TOL in a month and CILs weeks later is unheard of.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think they got TOLs yet. Our bid moved insanely quick. Getting TOL in a month and CILs weeks later is unheard of.
I ain't gonna lie, I applied to that February bid too. Failsafe. I think these bids come out in some type of order so there is not an overwhelming of medical and stuff.

I ain't gonna lie, I applied to that February bid too. Failsafe. I think these bids come out in some type of order so there is not an overwhelming of medical and stuff.
I also applied. They rejected me lol. I'm assuming because I'm already on this bid. In the past I thought they just let it ride then rescind the TOL.

Was hoping to time it out so that I can still get on that bid when I inevitably decline the list of Nantucket and Grand Canyon from this bid.

I also applied. They rejected me lol. I'm assuming because I'm already on this bid. In the past I thought they just let it ride then rescind the TOL.

Was hoping to time it out so that I can still get on that bid when I inevitably decline the list of Nantucket and Grand Canyon from this bid.
One of my civilians came from Grand Canyon, he said it was his favorite facility in the FAA, it’s just expensive.

Anyone get anything?

Back
Top Bottom