Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

They’re trying to scare you into taking it lol. If your experience should get you a higher level I’d absolute argue with them about that. If they consider you for one lvl 8 then you should be considered for all lvl 8s.
I don't think that's true. JCF is just desperate for people so they're willing to bend the rules a little bit. Mine said this

"You have been identified as a candidate with the skillset necessary to fill this position because you have Radar-only qualifications and our Subject Matter Experts have recommended your placement in a Terminal Radar Approach Control/Combined Control Facility."

They’re trying to scare you into taking it lol. If your experience should get you a higher level I’d absolute argue with them about that. If they consider you for one lvl 8 then you should be considered for all lvl 8s.
As said earlier. My only worry is that declining it will make it so I don't get my list anytime soon. If anyone has experience with declining this please let me know how it went.

I don't think that's true. JCF is just desperate for people so they're willing to bend the rules a little bit. Mine said this

"You have been identified as a candidate with the skillset necessary to fill this position because you have Radar-only qualifications and our Subject Matter Experts have recommended your placement in a Terminal Radar Approach Control/Combined Control Facility."
Might not be true but if they can bend the rules to benefit themselves I’d damn well fight for some other 8’s to be on my list. Bend the rules to help me 🤷🏻‍♂️

As said earlier. My only worry is that declining it will make it so I don't get my list anytime soon. If anyone has experience with declining this please let me know how it went.
So I got a JCF offer 1/4/23 and got my list 2/16/23 (but that might have been because my availability was late April). But if I were to redo it I'd 100% choose to decline JCF again. Better to wait a couple weeks and be offered a place you like/could easily transfer from than to get stuck in a black hole facility in the middle of nowhere California.

I didnt get that offer (tower and radar exp). What was the due date for that offer to JCF for you guys?

Edit: I don't necessarily want that offer, but was curious.

Last edited:
I also got JCF. I laughed, but had a polite response delivered the next day. Move to California with only level 8/9 pay? Jajaja!!!

Edit: but yeah. I denied it and got my list the next round.

Have a buddy who left the same facility as me, same hiring bid as me.

He is currently in Training at his new facility, I have yet to recieve the list. How is that possible lol?

Have a buddy who left the same facility as me, same hiring bid as me.

He is currently in Training at his new facility, I have yet to recieve the list. How is that possible lol?
Did you both leave as CPC's? I found out that they will not select you if you resigned as a CPC-IT

Back
Top Bottom