Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

It’s possible you could go back to the questionnaire link you were sent at the beginning of the process. Although, not sure how much weight it would hold being less than a year. I also personally believe adding any relevant experience is beneficial. Make them tell you it doesn’t count ya know? I did see someone earlier stated they re-did their questionnaire. I believe they reached out to their HR rep.
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Why not just advertise $36.53 instead? Is the extra allowance provided by the company or the city? Where I’m at now, if I have to stay open late for American, the airport authority pays the OT instead of the company.
Iwa is no joke 36.63 when certified and expect 60hr work weeks…

Iwa is no joke 36.63 when certified and expect 60hr work weeks…
Oh 60 hours weeks was a given lol assumed it would be similar to HWO in that it’s a difficult facility to staff. We had a retired military controller unplug first day of training ground, toss his ID on our managers desk and walk out. “Why tf am I working this damn hard in retirement?!”

Oh 60 hours weeks was a given lol assumed it would be similar to HWO in that it’s a difficult facility to staff. We had a retired military controller unplug first day of training ground, toss his ID on our managers desk and walk out. “Why tf am I working this damn hard in retirement?!”
Have got to be a special kinda person to certify at those places for the money they pay….I imagine IWA took a couple yrs off my life

Have got to be a special kinda person to certify at those places for the money they pay….I imagine IWA took a couple yrs off my life
Oh without a doubt. I saw an excellent investing opportunity and walked right out the door. Idk if IWA was similar but you can hop on YouTube and search “north Perry crash” and find pages upon pages of news videos detailing all the crashes there over the years.

Oh without a doubt. I saw an excellent investing opportunity and walked right out the door. Idk if IWA was similar but you can hop on YouTube and search “north Perry crash” and find pages upon pages of news videos detailing all the crashes there over the years.
Yeah you would think the faa would swipe them from the contract world instead of leaving them short staffed and turning a blind eye but then again it’s the FAA so

Yeah you would think the faa would swipe them from the contract world instead of leaving them short staffed and turning a blind eye but then again it’s the FAA so
We had a big QA thing while I was there. Reps from DC, Miami, Atlanta, Minneapolis came down and spent a week or two at the facility reviewing shit because we had like 3 or 4 incidents in a weeks time. One specifically where we had some idiot inbound from the north, told him to enter left downwind for 1L and report entering the airspace. Well he did and reported it, gave him his sequence and clearance… he landed 10L. Missed a departure on 1L by a few feet and a t&g on 1R by a few feet.

QA asked how long our breaks were.. we said “what breaks?” “Do y’all ever split local?” “You see people up here to split it off?” Okay cool, we’re increasing your staffing from 8 to 10. Thanks, now instead of being 75% staffed, we’ll be 60% staffed because it doesn’t change the fact nobody wants to work here for the shit pay and can’t qual anyways. But that also goes back to the cookie cutter contract training program where the training requirement is one month regardless of if you do 150 ops an hour or a day.

We had a big QA thing while I was there. Reps from DC, Miami, Atlanta, Minneapolis came down and spent a week or two at the facility reviewing shit because we had like 3 or 4 incidents in a weeks time. One specifically where we had some idiot inbound from the north, told him to enter left downwind for 1L and report entering the airspace. Well he did and reported it, gave him his sequence and clearance… he landed 10L. Missed a departure on 1L by a few feet and a t&g on 1R by a few feet.

QA asked how long our breaks were.. we said “what breaks?” “Do y’all ever split local?” “You see people up here to split it off?” Okay cool, we’re increasing your staffing from 8 to 10. Thanks, now instead of being 75% staffed, we’ll be 60% staffed because it doesn’t change the fact nobody wants to work here for the shit pay and can’t qual anyways. But that also goes back to the cookie cutter contract training program where the training requirement is one month regardless of if you do 150 ops an hour or a day.
Sounds about right lol really is mind blowing

I worked next door at CHD. We had I believe it was 25 cents an hour extra for the complexity pay.. I believe IWA is 50 cents. This was a little over a year ago anyways, maybe it changed.
Did you ever work with a Price?

So on the EODS it asks about military service/characterization of discharge. I’m still active duty and only have an expected DOS. What do I put for that section? Also in the email from HR rep it said it needed dd214. Is that only for people who applied with vet preference?
Just wanted to give this another try. Anyone else in my shoes? Do I just put my expected discharge type as well as DOS?

Just wanted to give this another try. Anyone else in my shoes? Do I just put my expected discharge type as well as DOS?
I can send you a copy what they are talking about if you aren't sure. I had a statement of service done up when I was in last summer cause I was going to apply off the street but didn't end up doing so. Yes? No?

For what it's worth I went to my base admin this morning and got the letter in about ohhhh... 3 minutes? Super easy process.

Back
Top Bottom