Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

HR let me know I should be placed in the next round so I am pretty excited for when that may be. The light at the end of the tunnel is near!

Hope it is this week if the consistency stays the same

HR let me know I should be placed in the next round so I am pretty excited for when that may be. The light at the end of the tunnel is near!

Hope it is this week if the consistency stays the same
Just out of curiosity, what were you waiting on?

How long does it take to receive your FOL? I received my placement on March 8, and negotiated for a 18 June start date and still haven’t gotten it yet. And I have tried contacting my HR rep with no luck yet.

Also what Pay band is typical for starting? I have 10 years Active Duty experience (Tower only), and around 6 months working contract.

How long does it take to receive your FOL? I received my placement on March 8, and negotiated for a 18 June start date and still haven’t gotten it yet. And I have tried contacting my HR rep with no luck yet.

Also what Pay band is typical for starting? I have 10 years Active Duty experience (Tower only), and around 6 months working contract.
FOL generally comes a month before you start.

Last edited:

If you were active duty military you will also start at the lowest D band the facility offers.

I start May 21 and just got an email from my HR rep requesting an Statement of Service and my leave paperwork since Ill be on terminal when I start. After that she said she'll process my FOL

If you were active duty military you will also start at the lowest D band the facility offers.
My facility started at D2 but I was given an FOL that had me at the TOP of the D2 pay band. The top of the D2 pay band was also the bottom of D3. Not sure if that was a mistake on their end or normal but it was the same story for every other veteran that came before and after me.

My facility started at D2 but I was given an FOL that had me at the TOP of the D2 pay band. The top of the D2 pay band was also the bottom of D3. Not sure if that was a mistake on their end or normal but it was the same story for every other veteran that came before and after me.
Did you have a DoD job before the FAA? Someone else can chime in that knows way more about the starting pay than I do, but I just assumed all prior military guys started at the lowest D band.

Back
Top Bottom