FAA Email

Solution
Not unless you have already set it up at work to allow access from home.
It's pretty easy actually but you do have to be at work to set it up.

Go to Sign In from a computer that's behind the firewall (I think the operations computers don't work but the one in the conference room should) and sign in with your ActiveDirectory username/password. You should get to a page that offers you to set up two-factor auth via an app on your phone, they suggest the Microsoft one but I use the Google one just because I have other keys stored there already. Once you have that set up (use the 2FA app to take a picture of the QR code) you can go to the webmail site from home, sign in, and then enter the temporary code from the app.
A year or so I did check it from home, it was hard to find but I googled FAA intranet stuff and eventually got to the screen where you can enter in your email and password to get to the employee DOT screen, then get to it that way.

It worked back then, haven’t tried it since but if you can find it I assume it still would, unless security is higher now and you have to specifically set access up as the other guy said.

Not unless you have already set it up at work to allow access from home.

Go to Sign In from a computer that's behind the firewall (I think the operations computers don't work but the one in the conference room should) and sign in with your ActiveDirectory username/password. You should get to a page that offers you to set up two-factor auth via an app on your phone, they suggest the Microsoft one but I use the Google one just because I have other keys stored there already. Once you have that set up (use the 2FA app to take a picture of the QR code) you can go to the webmail site from home, sign in, and then enter the temporary code from the app.

Solution

As a controller who almost NEVER needs access to the FAA email period, I would STRONGLY advise AGAINST connecting your personal ANYTHING to the FAA anything. that is all.

A year or so I did check it from home, it was hard to find but I googled FAA intranet stuff and eventually got to the screen where you can enter in your email and password to get to the employee DOT screen, then get to it that way.

It worked back then, haven’t tried it since but if you can find it I assume it still would, unless security is higher now and you have to specifically set access up as the other guy said.
It changed when they switched to office 365. Now you can’t without them setting it up for you

Back
Top Bottom