FAA Administrator Mike Whitaker wants to hear from YOU!

Logical_Mongoose

Forum Sage
Work e-mail states pretty clearly that "All employees are invited to submit questions in advance."

[email protected]

Maybe his inbox needs to be flooded with questions about what he is going to do for FAA employees to combat inflation, considering his prior company, United Airlines, is giving 40% raises?

Maybe he needs to be asked en masse about what he is going to do about the staffing crisis other than letting CTI grads skip Academy?

Maybe he should be asked about his current level and frequency of interaction with the current NATCA executives?

Maybe...

1705604970638.png

Dude we cannot blame the administrator for our raises when we didn’t ask for one. 🤣
Do you want to be complacent waiting for NATCA to ask?

Think long-term. The questions might be going to the FAA Administrator, but who would those questions really impact?

In the event he answers the question (albeit extremely unlikely), wouldn't it "motivate" NATCA to get off their asses and start addressing it amongst their BUEs, if their BUEs are bypassing them and voicing concerns in large numbers directly to the FAA Administrator?

Even if he didn't answer the question, if he received dozens/hundreds of them, do you think word wouldn't get back to NATCA leadership somehow about the growing discord among their rank and file regarding pay and staffing?

But also: do you want to be complacent waiting for NATCA to ask?

And, in the event he answers the question (albeit extremely unlikely), wouldn't it "motivate" NATCA to get off their asses and start addressing it amongst their BUEs, if their BUEs are bypassing them and voicing concerns in large numbers directly to the FAA Administrator?

Even if he didn't answer the question, if he received dozens/hundreds of them, do you think word wouldn't get back to NATCA leadership somehow about the growing discord among their rank and file regarding pay and staffing?
I’m for flooding the inbox it’s just amazing how bad we shot ourselves in the foot

“I think assessing the workforce will be one of the first goals that I have within the agency and I would look forward to finding ways that we can increase ways to bring people into the agency, I think it's a tight workforce right now in aerospace, and we recruit in the same places that private industry does, and we've got to figure out a way to be competitive to bring the right talent into the agency.” -MW at his confirmation hearing in October.

So when do we become competitive when everyone else is getting 20-40% raises?

Dude we cannot blame the administrator for our raises when we didn’t ask for one. 🤣
He’s aware there has been a higher number of people resigning and that the FAA needs to become competitive in their hiring (salary) when you look across the board at aviation in this moment in time.
I responded to the email and hopefully max participation on real issues that can be addressed.

Do you want to be complacent waiting for NATCA to ask?

Think long-term. The questions might be going to the FAA Administrator, but who would those questions really impact?

In the event he answers the question (albeit extremely unlikely), wouldn't it "motivate" NATCA to get off their asses and start addressing it amongst their BUEs, if their BUEs are bypassing them and voicing concerns in large numbers directly to the FAA Administrator?

Can you ask? From what I've seen you're pretty good at writing and shit

Thanks ❤️

This is extremely encouraging. It's challenging to comprehend not supporting Mike's initiative, as it represent a positive stride forward. This marks a significant step in the right direction, providing a much needed platform for our voices to be heard.

If Natca ever organized anything they could give us a template to spam him with. But they are probably just like. Let the collaberators handle it

Collaborator: a person who cooperates traitorously with an enemy; a defector.
Maybe lets try encouraging a positive approach, let's focus on constructive engagement rather than assuming the worst. Collaborative efforts can foster more effective communication and understanding. How about exploring ways to express concerns respectfully and work towards solutions together?

With mandatory ot and staffing hitting low levels, what are we doing to mitigate controllers counted in staffing and bidding schedules yet not current on positions?

Has the idea been thrown out to donstudent loan matching? This is similar to 401k matching and taking off in the private sector. This alone would aid in recruitment and retention.

With rising costs of everything, what has the union approached you with in terms of facility upgrades? I know childcare is offered for headquarters, what can I do to bring that benefit to my facility?

Recent studies continue to show the detriment of shift work and the benefit of naps. What are we doing to mitigate the taboo 'government employees sleeping' to encourage naps. Have relaxation or nap pods been brought to your attention?

Often on holidays 2152 employees do not get any admin time, even when given agency wide. Is there any option to receive annual or credit in lieu of approval due to staffing?

Last edited:
Maybe lets try encouraging a positive approach, let's focus on constructive engagement rather than assuming the worst. Collaborative efforts can foster more effective communication and understanding. How about exploring ways to express concerns respectfully and work towards solutions together?
Workgroups only lead to more workgroups. Maybe one day we can have a decision group that can make a decision.

Workgroups didn’t get us a raise. It doesn’t let you transfer. Both those things have only gotten worse the more collaboration has gone on.

Obvious troll is obvious

With natca, collaboration at the national level has transformed into collusion, with senior natca officials parroting agency talking points, totally out of touch from the workforce and reality. They are essentially another branch of management

Last edited:
With natca, collaboration at the national level has transformed into collusion, with senior natca officials parroting agency talking points, totally out of touch from the workforce and reality. They are essentially another branch of management
Collaborator is still a valid description

Back
Top Bottom