FAA Administrator Mike Whitaker wants to hear from YOU!

This has to be the only type of job like this where we don’t have some sort of reserve system where you have people just on standby to cover stuff.
Ohho, but there is! "Call someone on their RDO and have them come in for overtime." What a great system we have! Almost as robust as our transfer system!

Yall are really trying hard to make sure everyone gets stuck with the reverse rattler.
I mean. I do like sleeping more than 5 hours a night.

Yall are really trying hard to make sure everyone gets stuck with the reverse rattler.
The obvious answer is straight lines that rotate but the boomer that paid their dues would never allow it. I don’t support 5 mids tho fuck that.

Or something like 2 on 2 off 3 on 3 off. But people would be pissed about rotating days off 🙃

The obvious answer is straight lines that rotate but the boomer that paid their dues would never allow it. I don’t support 5 mids tho fuck that.

Or something like 2 on 2 off 3 on 3 off. But people would be pissed about rotating days off 🙃
Pretty sure they do 4 on 2 off in at least few European countries

Work e-mail states pretty clearly that "All employees are invited to submit questions in advance."

[email protected]

Maybe his inbox needs to be flooded with questions about what he is going to do for FAA employees to combat inflation, considering his prior company, United Airlines, is giving 40% raises?

Maybe he needs to be asked en masse about what he is going to do about the staffing crisis other than letting CTI grads skip Academy?

Maybe he should be asked about his current level and frequency of interaction with the current NATCA executives?

Maybe...

View attachment 9236
My job is too work air traffic, I pay NATCA to handle these things. Where are you NATCA? Hiding behind a wall and at the fuel bar. Fucking Hell.

I love the rattler, hope it never leaves. Its like having 3 days off almost

It's because they have an agenda. Rattler is best for family life, I'm guessing most of these people either dont have kids (or not full time custody) or they're high enough seniority that they know they could get their straight day shifts if it got pushed while screwing over everyone else.

It's also far easier to find people willing to swap a single day with you when you need it to save leave compared to straight week of days/swings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom