FAA Administrator Mike Whitaker wants to hear from YOU!

if this dude doesn’t get like 500+ emails that just have RAZEWEN? in the subject and the body blank I’ll be pretty disappointed.
Starship Troopers GIF

Here is my long ranting email. Too bad I can’t figure out how to watch it. I wonder if they will sing the FAA anthem at the beginning.

What is the FAA doing to convince Congress we need more money to hire more controllers? And actually get those bodies in the facilities that need them? Stop sending new hires to OKC. Direct to facility to learn real life airspace. Give the facilities the tools they need. Time and bodies to teach.
Keep OKC for the mess that is N90 and ZNY.

What is the FAA doing to get terminal facilities the information needed to do our jobs and assist the pilots? It is pathetic that the easiest way for us to find information is to Google it. The FAA websites and Bing are atrocious. No paper copies of LOAs or only a single copy of the 7110.65 for 30+ controllers.

What is the FAA doing to get our own funding, separate from the rest of the government so we controllers don’t have to deal with the shutdowns, and being expected to go to work everyday while our admin colleagues get essentially paid vacations?

Are you aware that a lot of ATMs are not giving ATC, arguably the most stressful job in the agency, the DOT 3 hours of excused absence before every federal holiday because there are other ATC in the building that don’t have eLMS completed? Yet the people who don’t work the most stressful job keep getting 3 hours off?
And at least one ATM out there doesn’t think the EA even applies to ATC? That is not what the EA emails say from Mr. MacNamara. They explicitly say “all DOT employees”. This is actually quite unfair and disheartening and offensive to every ATC I have spoken with.

ATC is what keeps this country running. Our US economy and the global economy relies on us moving the amount of airplanes we do everyday.
If our numbers go down, our ability to work the volume of traffic the world has grown accustomed to goes down too. This workforce needs to be recognized and appreciated appropriately for the skill we have and the work we do. And no, pizza parties every 8 months don’t cut it.
The EA is a nice gesture of appreciation, but not if we never get to partake. It has become a bitter point where we are realizing ours is not to question why, ours is just to do and die.
Every controller I know is going to retire as soon as eligible if this is how management is going go treat us. Most of your workforce is counting down the days.

Thank you.

P.S. I tried to find a public link to be able to watch this town hall and could not. I do not have access to my work email while not at work, as I am a lowly ATC. It would be nice to be able to find information easily on the many social media platforms and websites the FAA runs. Maybe those in charge were on EA….

You don't have paper copies of your LOAs? I'm pretty sure there is a requirement to have at least one copy.

Also you can set it up to have access to your FAA email from home, it's not difficult.

I know it was posted higher up, but here is the email for anyone who says they don’t have access to their FAA email. Town hall is in a few hours, so you can still submit questions (as far as I know).
[email protected]

Nope, no paper copies of LOAs.
I will browse the 7210.3 again bc this really does irritate me.

Also that we only have 1 paper copy of the .65 and in theory could have 21 different people working who need to look up a rule.
But only 1 rule book.

Were you able to google this? Is my google fu weak?
Just wondering how I can search better next time.

Were you able to google this? Is my google fu weak?
Just wondering how I can search better next time.

Rest easy, Tink.. you can google just fine I'm sure. It's unlisted so you cannot google it or search the FAA YouTube channel to get to it from what I understand. It came in via a GovDelivery communication.

Only 50 email responses. I was happy to hear him speak on fatigue, 6 day workweeks, staffing, and the need for 10hr turns.
I think they said 50 about fatigue. Bandais to the rattler isn’t it tho. Like begging for 10 hours off instead of 9 is crazy

I think they said 50 about fatigue. Bandais to the rattler isn’t it tho. Like begging for 10 hours off instead of 9 is crazy
yOu vOtE On yOuR ScHeDuLe aT ThE LoCaL LeVeL

Also he keeps mentioning “Tim”. Isn’t he the turd that said run it until the wheels fall off?

Back
Top Bottom